Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Neteller Update...

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly don't feel like my grammar or my actions need justifying to anyone. Or by anyone. I'm not doing anything to get a good grade, nor to impress people, nor (quite frankly) to help them any more so than it helps me.

My motive is the same as everyone else: "I just want my money." That's it.

I hold myself accountable for what I say and do, and I hate having regrets, so I'll be damned if I'm going to sit around 6 months from now wondering why I don't have my money and if there was more I should have done to get it back. How many others will be able to say the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

In short, he wants his money, as do we. He is doing something, which in itself is commendable. So since almost no one else will pat him on his back in this troll ravaged 'forum', he will.

Anyways, what you are doing DEFINITELY does not hurt.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Neteller 3/21 FAQ Updates

egoldy, while I appluad your efforts and think that what you have put together is great especially the VP contact within Neteller; trying to relate the timing of your contact, with the Neteller Press Release is a bit much.

Deals with the Gov't don't happen overnight. They take a considerable amount of time. The deal was cut on the 20th, and Neteller put out its release on the 21st.

Don't forget that Neteller still has a fiduciary responsibility to disclose material information to its shareholders, even though the shares aren't trading, at the moment.

Bottom Line: Keep up the good work, but don't let it get to your head [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Neteller 3/21 FAQ Updates

Cardplayer video update from Allyn Jaffrey Shulman about Neteller, and also comments on Barney Frank.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In short, he wants his money, as do we. He is doing something, which in itself is commendable. So since almost no one else will pat him on his back in this troll ravaged 'forum', he will.

[/ QUOTE ]
Almost. I don't want a pat on the back. I'm doing what I need to do for me. It requires the approval of no one else, nor am I seeking some sort of emotional fulfillment from this process. This is about money. My money, and enough money that it matters to me. A very distant second is the principle and injustice of the whole thing.

Everyone's in it for themselves -- including the DOJ, NETeller, NETeller's shareholders, legislators, media, you and me -- and that's just fine. Some want money, others attention, and others want both. It's human nature. The NETeller Customer Coalition simply brings individuals sharing a common self-interest together. By cooperating, we can make sure our concerns as customers do not fall completely off the radar as the various parties wrestle over the fate of our money. NETeller's customers need to ensure they have a voice, and that voice is stronger and louder when there's "over 600 people with more than $3.2 million frozen." It's much more impressive -- and therefore more media-worthy -- than "one guy in Poughkeepsie with $700 bucks." This strength of numbers keeps the pressure on NETeller much more effectively than any single individual ever could.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
egoldy,

Signs of shilldom:

1) New poster.
2) Excessive circle jerk of worthless group.
3) Making almost immaterial connection between a random letter that carries no backing and a press release.
4) Virulent defense of non-shilldom.

Ergo shill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ergo, you are a douchebag who still doesn't understand the meaning of a commonly used word, even after it is defined for you.

NCAces
Old 03-23-2007, 01:33 AM

First.
Thanks Egoldy and Yahboohoo for your work. I would prefer if you held the legal action until such time as we are sure we are not getting our money back. But it is nice to have it as a final recourse nonetheless.
Second.
If neteller gives me back my money, there is no question that I would gladly do business with them again once the legal issues are worked out here in the US. If neteller returns my cash, then I gotta believe I can trust them in the future.
Up until a few days ago, I held out little hope. But now I am cautiously optimistic.
Kudos to anyone who is helping make this happen whether they are a legislator, a neteller employee, a volunteer who lost their money or someone who wrote their congressperson.
Thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 07:43 AM

Since we seem to be back on topic instead of worrying about the millions that yahboohoo and I are making by organizing this site or how much of a "shill" I am -- a quick response to dondah..

There is ongoing concern around pursuing legal action (here and on the yahoo board) because people feel that it will result in receipt of a small percentage of your money being returned. We understand, but realize a few things:

- A class action lawsuit could not be filed until we had a large number of the majorly impacted customers (of which I'm not) willing to sign up for the suit.

- If everyone decided to go forward with the lawsuit, it would most likely take a long time to get our money back (minus the lawyer fees) - something that is not ideal.

- It does not hurt to continue investigate the lawsuit as an option for a few reasons. If we have to do it, it's better to be prepared and in motion than starting from scratch. Pursuing a lawsuit continues to show that we are serious and will hopefully influence Neteller to avoid any delays in returning our money. Also, for reasons we will post and explain on the yahoo site soon (as well as to the press), we have a few key reasons to be concerned that all our money is truly going to be turned over in a timely manner. Finally, even if we get all or some of our money back from Neteller, there are open questions amongst everyone around privacy and information being reported to the DOJ/IRS that may impact those with a long history of gambling and Neteller..

Bottom line, now is not the time to remove pressure from Neteller...

Stay tuned... I had a conversation with a few people yesterday that are much much smarter than I about this subject and we're trying to figure out how to release the information we've uncovered..
Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- A class action lawsuit could not be filed until we had a large number of the majorly impacted customers (of which I'm not) willing to sign up for the suit.

-

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. You are confusing a class action with a mass tort (a very common confusion even amongst newbie lawyers not involved in this stuff). The two are completely different animals. I'd suggest you do a little research, so you don't constantly say 'class action' when everything else in your post is saying 'mass tort'.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:53 AM

Thanks sorry for the misstatement - I am not an attorney and haven't been investigating this course of action. We have had members who have been in touch with them and they are organizing their thoughts and findings for the group...

Based upon your knowledge, what should the group be pursuing and what are the pros/cons of mass tort vs. class action?

Thanks..
Old 03-24-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a conversation with a few people yesterday that are much much smarter than I about this subject and we're trying to figure out how to release the information we've uncovered..

[/ QUOTE ]

goldy, if you have something to say, just say it...
Closed Thread