Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you look at the tp each time you wipe post crap-taking?
Yes-got to get every bit of brown out 154 88.00%
No-i'll find out later if my ass starts itching 21 12.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is just legally incorrect. I'll repeat what I said in an earlier post: If it's true that he took 12k from her and then threatened not to give it back unless she had sex with him, that is attempted rape, and the police will take that charge very seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote the code then Mr. Attorney Wannabee. Chapter and verse. For New Jersey, New York, and Nevada.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems very likely that some kind of crime was committed here (taking everything Brandi has said at face value). This is why Brandi should contact the police.

By the way, this is not coming from an "attorney wannabe," this is coming from a practicing prosecutor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't write that no crime had been committed, simply that the poster who wrote that it was definitely "attempted rape" needed to get his facts straight before shooting off his mouth about this.

Fact is that according to her description she is in another state with no money to be able to follow through with the time and expenses it would take her to go there and see this through and even if all her facts were as she said there may not be enough to convince a DA to file charges and I would be willing to bet (no pun intended) that no jury would ever convict unless she had some absolute smoking gun. In fact, I cannot see this ever going to trial in the first place.

I'd also like to say, since you are a prosecutor that I believe that we have gone overboard the past few years in the number of criminal cases filed and prosecuted. Prosecutors are no longer using discretion to weed out cases that have very little physical evidence because they are afraid that they will be looked on as "soft on crime". Instead they are willing to let juries hear the case and take their chances or they try to plea it and get conviction records. Many times defendants who aren't guilty have no choice but to accept a plea because they know that they don't make good witnesses before a jury and would be facing massive prison time if convicted. A good portion of these types of cases are "he said/she said" cases where someone accuses another and the prosecutor wants to let the jury decide even though there are no independent witnesses and/or no physical evidence. We are fast becoming a society of criminals and our overflowing prisons attest to that.

My thinking is that if the facts are as she stated she would be better off contacting an attorney to write a letter to the Captain demanding the return of her money. Not sure if this would carry any weight with him but he may decide that 12k (minus the 3k or so he paid back) isn't worth it. Who knows?
Old 12-17-2006, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Cornhole cornered in county

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are smart, you are pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

How people can want to have Bluff banned and not have someone who put something as senseless as this is beyond me.

The part about her being smart, I can see her being pretty...no one should ever accuse her of brains.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pot, kettle. She can put two sentences together better than you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touché
Old 12-17-2006, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess its time to spice up the thread even more... I'm mostly a lurker but when I receive valuable info I have to act on it. Anyways gathering info from an EXTREMELY reliable source it appears Brandi had cleaned out about 30k from one of Newhizzle's accounts while she was playing unsupervized. Its unclear how it went down, but the bare bones of the story appear to be true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really conflicted on whether or not I want this to be true. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2006, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways gathering info from an EXTREMELY reliable source it appears Brandi had cleaned out about 30k from one of Newhizzle's accounts while she was playing unsupervized. Its unclear how it went down, but the bare bones of the story appear to be true.

[/ QUOTE ]

this deserves it's own thread. apparently there are 2+2ers dumber than a person that gave tom flanklin $12k.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess its time to spice up the thread even more... I'm mostly a lurker but when I receive valuable info I have to act on it. Anyways gathering info from an EXTREMELY reliable source it appears Brandi had cleaned out about 30k from one of Newhizzle's accounts while she was playing unsupervized. Its unclear how it went down, but the bare bones of the story appear to be true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really conflicted on whether or not I want this to be true. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be good for another 500 posts unless the Mods remove it.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this happened since she made the OP? That would be kinda funny if the title was just some sick foreshadowing.

Not for newhizzle though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2006, 06:59 AM

If i had to pick between:

*(Partially) Believing an account of a person who in her own words has had a horrible past months, is in deep crisis and thus give her some kind words of support. Followed up by finding out you've been lied to, and thus leaving you feeling somewhat like a fool.

*Slaundering, accusing and degrading a person who in her own account is going through a horrible period in her life, and is deep crisis with herself. Then finding out her story was true all along, and you've been kicking someone lieing wounded on the ground up to that point.

I think the latter scenario is a zillion times worse for me. I don't know Brandi, i don't know if what she tells is true, but since i still have some basic confidence in human nature (and believe me when i say in my own experiences i shouldn't have to anymore), i gladly give her the benefit of the doubt as to when it comes to my initial support.

If i get proven wrong along the line, well big boohoo for me but i guess ill live. I wouldn't even be sorry i didn't slaunder her in the first place, because most people who would make up stuff like that are having a whole different issue than being a scumbag in life.

point being after reading this thread, a lot of you posters are [censored] dicks [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2006, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hope you're trying to be funny, Newhizzle seems like a good guy from his posts/interviews.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Cornhole cornered in county

Next stop...

Old 12-17-2006, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hope you're trying to be funny, Newhizzle seems like a good guy from his posts/interviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was also. For the record though I'm not involved in any story in this thread personally, I am simply passing down info from someone who wished to remain anonymous.
Closed Thread