Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Neteller 3/21 FAQ Updates

Advice for those dealing with Neteller.

Send you emails to VIP@neteller.com. When someone responds to your email, they will have an email addy like Barry@neteller.com... Send your next email to VIP@neteller.com and CC: to Barry.

There are acutally some smart people at Neteller, but if you are emailing support@neteller.com youll get the run around.

If you ask them to call you, specify the hours because that is always their response and it will cost you time to respond again.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:58 AM

Shouldn’t waste time responding to posts that serve no purpose, but just to vent for 2 seconds:

- To the people applauding our efforts – thank you.. It is appreciated by everyone on the board who has taken time out of their normal day to fight to get your / our money back.

- To those involved in the ridiculous “hate game” that seem to be implying that we’re looking to turn this effort into some sort of fame and fortune – please note that 99% of what we post and/or send out focus on “we” and “our efforts”, as opposed to some sort of “me mongering”. In addition, Yahboohoo hasn't posted his name yet and the board founder only did it because a few sites would only post an article if it included a real name. Nobody involved in the group has made a nickel through any of the time invested or work involved.

- The people that have been writing the letters and press releases are not involved in a marketing firm and a few typos and “grammatical errors” may have snuck into the release due to time constraints and a desire to get the message out. The messages were not formatted like “R U SERIOUZZZZ, Diz iS sum KEWL news!” – there were a few missing commas here and there.. I thought we’re dealing with poker players trying to get their money back – not a group of 7th grade grammar teachers and English majors If you want to write something better, do it, post it on the board, and we’ll get it out.

In the meanwhile, even for those that “can’t believe that a semi-grammatical letter written in eighth grade style caused Neteller to rethink its position” – realize the following. As a result of those letters and releases:

1) There are articles in almost every gambling page talking about the group, Neteller, efforts to sue them, and/or do whatever it takes to get our money back. Google the group and see what comes back. Press and coverage is power.
2) The board organized over 600 people with well over $3M being held – this is a much better story than Fred Jones who has $600 that he can’t get access to. It makes for a better and more compelling story. You may not think so, but Neteller IS concerned about the group and the impact it could have on its shareholders and other customers. Look at a site like “The Consumerist” to see the power of a grassroots online effort.
3) While we do appreciate the comment about “advice for dealing with Neteller” and the e-mail address – we now have a personal e-mail address for Andrew Gilchrist who is the VP Of Corporate Communications for Neteller and have exchanged e –mails with them. But we’ll also add that address to our list.
4) You can consider and the timing of Neteller’s release pure coincidence (which most of the group does not) and you can complain that it’s Neteller is placating us with a timeline that they may ignore. Still, it’s still more communication and information than you or I had from them as of two days ago. The work done by Yahboohoo to organize document and releases is valuable for YOU and for any members of the press looking to do something on the story..

Again, to the whiners and complainers – step up.. Do something.. Have you called your elected officials? Have you contacted any mainstream media? Have you done anything?

Ok, nuff said. Iz needs to get bak to my gym class b4 my hom rum teacher finds out dat Im missin.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:49 AM

Why are you acting like a shill?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:57 AM

FYI: A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage other potential customers unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services.

How am I acting like a "shill"?
What am I selling again?
And who am I pretending to not have association with?

More importantly, again -- what are you doing to help the situation? (although making cool gang symbols per your picture might scare Neteller into releasing our funds) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 10:12 AM

I am going to be honest and not trying to bash.

A couple of your posts came across as possibly patting yourself on the back too hard. That being said, your group (which I have joined) is definitely a positive and keep up the good work! I am especially happy that you have a line of communication open with Neteller that seems like it could be productive.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:27 AM

Understood - thanks for the feedback -- It really was not intended.. Just excitement over results -- caused by us or news in general.. I do think the group has had an impact -- that's it - and annoying when people doing nothing complain....
Old 03-22-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Neteller Update...

has this been posted? She's saying a deal has been made and we are getting our money back!! Did I miss something?

http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/23522
Old 03-22-2007, 11:13 AM

OK now I see the new thread.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:11 PM

egoldy,

Signs of shilldom:

1) New poster.
2) Excessive circle jerk of worthless group.
3) Making almost immaterial connection between a random letter that carries no backing and a press release.
4) Virulent defense of non-shilldom.

Ergo shill.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:24 PM

I certainly don't feel like my grammar or my actions need justifying to anyone. Or by anyone. I'm not doing anything to get a good grade, nor to impress people, nor (quite frankly) to help them any more so than it helps me.

My motive is the same as everyone else: "I just want my money." That's it.

I hold myself accountable for what I say and do, and I hate having regrets, so I'll be damned if I'm going to sit around 6 months from now wondering why I don't have my money and if there was more I should have done to get it back. How many others will be able to say the same?
Closed Thread