Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Party Regs Thread

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $198.00
BB: $172.00
Hero (UTG): $252.95
MP: $761.06
CO: $213.20
BTN: $83.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $7.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($17) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $24.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $52.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $80.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $120.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $206.20</font>, Hero calls $86.20

Turn: ($429.40) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($429.40) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $429.40 ($3 Rake)

CO had T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pairs, Tens and Threes) and LOST (-$213.20)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pairs, Aces and Threes) and WON (+$213.20)
Old 09-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Goddamnit, apart from the usual sporadic crashing and severe memory hogging, Party is randomly deciding to not record/import HHs, even when I ask for an emailed copy to be sent. My PT is now $300 off for the day. Anybody else having this problem?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 PM

Is one of you FastFood19? Feels like it
Old 09-12-2007, 10:48 PM

BomboB: there's really no productive reason to berate other playerls' table selection skills, it just doesn't affect you. We all play for different reasons and we all pick up on different strengths and weaknesses of different opponents. I like playing against regs cause it's a bit of a challenge and I want to improve against tags, for instance. I also like playing on the one table for an extended period to try to go with the flow of a game for a while, which I think is an important skill particularly as you move up.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a prick, but please don't discuss poker strat/table conditions in the game.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BomboB: there's really no productive reason to berate other playerls' table selection skills, it just doesn't affect you. We all play for different reasons and we all pick up on different strengths and weaknesses of different opponents. I like playing against regs cause it's a bit of a challenge and I want to improve against tags, for instance. I also like playing on the one table for an extended period to try to go with the flow of a game for a while, which I think is an important skill particularly as you move up.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a prick, but please don't discuss poker strat/table conditions in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, trust me, I honestly wasn't trying to be a prick either. It just really puzzles me when all the (at least semi-decent) regs stay on after the lone fish leaves, especially at a time like now when the games are really wild. I'm 9 tabling atm with a huge fish on every single table.

You've outlined a bunch of good reasons for why you choose to stay, but I think that for most 2p2ers, the reason they'd stay at such a table is pure ego "Hey, I'm the shark here". Well, perhaps you are, but you'd still win way more by being the best reg sitting at a fishy table. For some it's even just laziness or not noticing.

Obviously you can see I wasn't trying to do that for my own benefit "Hey, come to my tables please guys!". I was just trying to point out that you were all losing a [censored]-ton of money by staying at that table compared to moving on.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 PM

On that note, what was up with the ridiculous fishiness tonight? I was 9-tabling with 2 loose donks at every table. It was fantastic
Old 09-12-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, trust me, I honestly wasn't trying to be a prick either. It just really puzzles me when all the (at least semi-decent) regs stay on after the lone fish leaves, especially at a time like now when the games are really wild. I'm 9 tabling atm with a huge fish on every single table.

You've outlined a bunch of good reasons for why you choose to stay, but I think that for most 2p2ers, the reason they'd stay at such a table is pure ego "Hey, I'm the shark here". Well, perhaps you are, but you'd still win way more by being the best reg sitting at a fishy table. For some it's even just laziness or not noticing.

Obviously you can see I wasn't trying to do that for my own benefit "Hey, come to my tables please guys!". I was just trying to point out that you were all losing a [censored]-ton of money by staying at that table compared to moving on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm easily the best player at Party 200NL at the moment (blow me if you don't like it) but I would never be caught sat with 5 TAG regs at my table. Table selecting really isn't hard or time-consuming to do and can add an awful lot to your winrate (and reduce variance).
Old 09-12-2007, 11:25 PM

I too have noticed quite a bit of fish berating from 2+2ers (not you in FE, but other outed posters) Please, please stop it. And Michaelson, I'll try to sit on your left from now on, you know, just so you can improve [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I too have noticed quite a bit of fish berating from 2+2ers (not you in FE, but other outed posters) Please, please stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do it all the time to shortstackers, is that allowed?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:27 PM

anyone know pavels utg limping range? he always seems to fold to my raises (lol), so i never know.
Closed Thread