View Poll Results: Which one are you?
Math 89 68.46%
Gamble 23 17.69%
Other (please reply with an explanation) 18 13.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Re: US Coach as Dumb as a Bag of Rocks

[ QUOTE ]
I love how everyone is assuming that the USA will beat Ghana. No way in hell will that happen. Better keep praying for own goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied win % from betonsports has a US win being the most likely outcome of the 3 (US win, Ghana win, draw)
Old 06-17-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USA can beat Ghana if Ghana scores for them, I'm not even American biased. You're comment is stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The U.S. played well today, but they are yet to score a goal. The Ghana game is going to be very very tough. I want the U.S. to win, but I just dont see it happening. Not against the Ghana team that played yesterday. That team would destroy the current U.S. team. Hard to tell whats going to happen though, neither the U.S. nor Ghana showed up for the first game, but still Ghana scored and the U.S. is yet to score. Right now Ghana looks like the better team, but anything can happen.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USA can beat Ghana if they Ghana scores for them, I'm not even American biased. You're comment is stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon man dont be a dick

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shant this is like the ultimate "I didn't really watch the game and saw the score omg the US was lucky to tie" comment.

we carried play and had better scoring oppty's for much of the match, and even played well down a man to fukcing Italy
Old 06-17-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: *Official* USA v. Italia

[ QUOTE ]
US played a great game? They didn't even score a damn goal. If it weren't for the unlucky own-goal it's likely that the US would have lost.

The US looks really really bad. I can't believe they are ranked #5.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're an ignorant moron
Old 06-17-2006, 05:35 PM

Now that the US and Ghana showed up and played unreal good, group of death argument over? i def think so.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:38 PM

Default Re: *Official* USA v. Italia

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Which game is first? I hope the US-Ghana game is before Czech-Italy. That way I don't have to unnecessarily cheer for Italy if US is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

the final match of the round robin groups are played simultaneously. this stems back from 1982 when germany and austria played a match to a 1-0 result (10th minute goal) after algeria and chile had played their final match. a one goal win for germany was the only result that guaranteed both teams went through.

[/ QUOTE ]

it also happens when games are simultaneous (watch Sweden vs Denmark in the last eurocup, [censored] disgusting).

[/ QUOTE ]

explain further, what happened exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

if these two teams tied their game 3-3 they'd both go through, so about 10m before the end of the game the result is 3-3 and both teams basically stop playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. 2:2, and why whould Sweden and Denmark not "stop playing" 10 minutes before end after a result that made both teams go to the next round.

Don't you thing Portugal would have done the same with 10 minutes left. Or would they play an attacking game last 10 minutes and risk the ticket to the next round. Gimme a break.

On another note, USA played a great game today. I lost a pretty hefty sum betting Italy but last 15 minutes I found myself rooting for US and against my own bet. I just thought they showed a lot of heart after their 2:nd red card. Good luck against Ghana.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:39 PM

Yeah, and Argentina's "group of death" is just the "group of death for anyone not named Argentina and Netherlands." Which isn't surprising.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USA can beat Ghana if they Ghana scores for them, I'm not even American biased. You're comment is stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon man dont be a dick

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shant this is like the ultimate "I didn't really watch the game and saw the score omg the US was lucky to tie" comment.

we carried play and had better scoring oppty's for much of the match, and even played well down a man to fukcing Italy

[/ QUOTE ]
I watched the whole game. GG USA. I am just being a dick. Italy played like a bunch of lazy [censored].
Old 06-17-2006, 05:40 PM

the us had ZERO shots on goal, enough said..

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/match/25/mr.html
Old 06-17-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that the US and Ghana showed up and played unreal good, group of death argument over? i def think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Group of death discussion is over because one of the top 15 teams in the world got eliminated yesterday in the strongest group of the WC.