Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
"Lack the confidence."

I notice that pretty much any refusal to make a lifestyle choice that might maximize one's poontang total - e.g. tattoos, really over-the-top clothing, barhopping / clubbing regularly, etc. - is explained away in this thread as being due to fear or a generalized 'lack of confidence.' Why is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a dramatic overgeneralization.

Are you confident in your dealing with females Anacardo?
Are you not confident in your dealings with females but are confident in one or more other area's?

If you don't have a confidence issue I don't think you should worry about it. If you do, maybe you should look at that.

People need to look inside themselves to get answers to all of this stuff anyway, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. It's your life.

YOur pot of gold is where YOU find it.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Lack the confidence."

I notice that pretty much any refusal to make a lifestyle choice that might maximize one's poontang total - e.g. tattoos, really over-the-top clothing, barhopping / clubbing regularly, etc. - is explained away in this thread as being due to fear or a generalized 'lack of confidence.' Why is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, people who don't do those things might not lack confidence, but people who do those things usually have confidence. it takes confidence to walk around dressed like marlyn manson. i was just pointing out the huge hatred of tattoos is probably caused by the fact that they make women's panties moist.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Lack the confidence."

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, people who don't do those things might not lack confidence, but people who do those things usually have confidence. it takes confidence to walk around dressed like marlyn manson. i was just pointing out the huge hatred of tattoos is probably caused by the fact that they make women's panties moist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you make a really good point. I think guys should maximize what works FOR THEM. If your not muscular maybe tattoo's are not for you. Maybe the bar scene is not for you. Maybe you sould be macking in the library and in science seminars, or book stores, whatever.

The idea is to get off ur ass and get out there interacting with women. Get a puppy, babysit some little kid and take him to the park to use as a pawn to start conversations with chicks, whatever. But get a plan, an action plan that is goal oriented and time limited and move on it NOW.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:48 PM

I am routinely amazed at people who cannot go out completely sober to places where people are drinking. I really feel that most people essentially are completely unable to go outside of their comfort zone and previous experiences. It's sad to me, really. I personally struggle with this too, but at least I try and *do*.

Drinking does one good thing for picking up women, and one good thing only...b/c you're so shitfaced and out of it you cannot help but BE IN THE MOMENT. This is extremely helpful in projecting attractive qualities to women and being a naturally cool person. However, you can simply accomplish this without drinking but....BEING IN THE MOMENT, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Yeah it requires some training and effort but then you can be in the moment and clear-headed to actually solve logistical issues as well as vibe issues that may arise.

If I'm drinking water, then I'm drinking water. Same with fashion and everything else. I don't give a [censored] about what they think....being free of the need for validation is not only sexy, strong, and dominant, but it let's one live an easier and more fulfilling life.

One other thing...
Being a PUA and the community is fundamentally about being A COOL GUY who naturally attracts women simply b/c he knows how to have an awesome time and naturally extend this awesome time to the women he meets.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 08-12-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a lost cause thanks to the awfulness of the OP, but I wonder if by heroic effort this thread can somehow be turned to the conversation I wanted to have, i.e. pragmatism vs. idealism and their interactions with each other, as applied to PUA, and not the conversation we're doomed to have, i.e., Cardo and Cardo [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Cardo, as someone who felt the same way after reading some PUA material but ended up joining a lair... and finally getting laid, pragmatism wins every time.

Some PUA stuff is bad, a lot is good and useful.

The Idealist see things from the guy: "my friend hurt by this jerk perspective", but don't understand how vicariously girls enjoy being persued/sleeping with someone that can supercharge their emotions with techniques like cocky funny, etc.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:04 AM

Dude I think we're all in agreement that 'stale, meek and boring' does not panties moisten. Like - everything about being memorable, being funny, not being a wuss, etc. etc. etc. - I have no quarrel with any of these. I practice these principles in daily life, with everyone, not just chicks I wanna dig out, because they're how I choose to express my personality. I don't reject any of that.

I just see no reason you can't be a charming, good-looking, well-dressed, confident idealist. That's all.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Lack the confidence."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way off. Tattoos and piercings are a fad like any other. Read into it what you would read into any fad.

As far as doing anything particularly trippy or whatever showing courage, one of the easiest ways possible to represent being some kind of outlier is to have mommy and daddy to fall back on when and if the times ever get rough. Which, for lots of the showiest folks I've bumped into, of course never would. That's why they could get away with a lot of dopey stuff -- they didn't have to go to work tomorrow.

I think you're missing out on the fact that that can signal to girls that you have an independent income, too.

Right now it takes as much balls to get a tattoo as it did to grow long hair in the late 60's and the 70's, or to cut it short in the 80's, or to wear it spiky in the 90's. If you don't see tattoos as the just today's version of uber-predictable "rebellious" conformity, your lenses are out of focus. A tattoo is about as ballsy as a t-shirt with the name of a sports team on it.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

One other thing...
Being a PUA and the community is fundamentally about being A COOL GUY who naturally attracts women simply b/c he knows how to have an awesome time and naturally extend this awesome time to the women he meets.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I call being a human being, and PUA overlaps that, great. Perhaps like you, though, I don't think it's as mysterious as it seems to be made out to be.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:16 AM

Blarg,

Don't hate. I choose my sports logo T-shirts so so so well.
Why, right this second I'm rocking my well-fitting, handsomely lettered Universidad de Tejas tee - Campeon Nacional! The Spanish text makes it many times more leet. These things have subtle and important rules.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am routinely amazed at people who cannot go out completely sober to places where people are drinking. I really feel that most people essentially are completely unable to go outside of their comfort zone and previous experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this has less to do with going outside of one's comfort zone and more to do with the fact that drinking/drunk people are annoying pains in the ass that are made less annoying...by drinking. If you can't be not annoyed by them, join 'em.

The rest of your point was well taken and I think any chick that would respond in a weird way to the fact that you're not drinking is probably best discarded anyway.