Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 02:57 AM

Default Re: ask grue about world of warcraft/everquest/other mmorpgs

I played on the Tribunal for several years. My forum name is actually my character name from EQ, since I got so used to it as an online persona. I'm glad I don't play these games anymore though, they suck up way too much time.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:11 PM

sorry was "out".

[ QUOTE ]
Grue,

Do you think that shamans are fundamentally overpowered and should get nerfed like Hunters were, or do you think the classes are balanced right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hunters weren't nerfed much, the aimed shot standardization really only hurts the not-well-equipped ones who are still using the AV reward xbow or the stratholme one. Despite having a 60 hunter who I (used to) play for pvp I think it was a good nerf.

High end shamans are a complete beast right now, but the double-trinket nerf hurts them a bit. My guess is when they get their talent review they gain a lot of utility/survivability and a bit of a pvp nerf.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think more freeform MMO(RP?)Games like Second Life will ever rival the popularity of the level&loot games like WoW? More broadly, what major innovations in gameplay would you like the next generation of MMORPGS to introduce?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost impossible to answer but my feelinging is it will take an incredibly unique and well done idea to really revolutionize the genre. WOW is basically EQ but less suck, and EQ was basically just a graphical dikumud, and the concepts behind that were made 25 years ago.

I don't think we will see a really cool and different MMOG for at least 10 years.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:13 PM

Duel me n00b?
Old 03-25-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grue,

Why havent you quit yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did quit for the most part, in the past 3 months I haven't played more than 10 hours a month. Most likely though I will play more when the expansion comes out. When I semi-retired I was/is at the very top end, but the AQ patch didn't really interest me at all - I ran the AQ40 zone on test with my guild, it bored me shitless, and I couldn't see myself slogging through it every night again, so I retired from raiding. Also, while I fit 3 of the 4 criteria for playing these games that I said earlier, but my g/f got a little tired of me ALWAYS having to be on at 8pm to raid every single night basically, and I did too.

Ever play Jumpgate?

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get behind the menhir?

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the wand or summon the demon.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:02 AM

i bought WOW today (on your recommendation that it was the best MMORPG).

Any tips for a player starting out? Classes/races? anything else?
Old 04-01-2006, 03:19 AM

My biggest recommendation is if you enjoy pvp (and this is a fairly decent pvp game), make absolutely certain to pick a faction/server combo where you are playing the outnumbered side. Most of the pvp is done in battlegrounds (instanced fighting arena thingies) and the side with the most guys will have to wait in queue for their turn to fight, which can be as long as 30 mins to an hour. That uh sucks. Use the census tool at www.warcraftrealms.com to find out this info. Also recommend you play on a high pop server as there is more stuff going on and more people to group with/kill/whatever.

Other than that go nuts. Do quests to level up and get gear, don't just mindlessly grind on mobs ala EQ1. Every even level you get new skills. thottbot and allakhazam's have detailed game infos about everything. Also recommend going to www.ctmod.net and downloading their UI package.

also unlike EQ1 there aren't any real "gimp" classes so just pick whatever sounds appealing. as far as races, orc/troll has the most drab starting area but thats not a big deal. Trolls and humans have probably the weakest racial abilities but they have been improving.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
grue,

when i was in france, i saw a girl that came in to the internet cafe i frequented every day, and she played WoW for maybe like 6 hours a day. she was very hot. are american girls who play WoW hot or am i just dreaming.

regards,
yvesaint

[/ QUOTE ]
Apathy [censored] a member of the West Virgina band team (in town for the final four) who had TWO LEVL 60 WOW CHARS.

I probaly would of [censored] her if he didn't. But she wasn't hot.