Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 10:26 PM

Default Re: High Quality H2O

Most bottled watered is bottled city water. Tap water is upheld to higher standards then any bottled water sold in the same state it was bottled in, which is most. Save money and drink tap water, use a brita if you must.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Fiji
Poland Spring
Aquafina
Brita filtered tap water
Voss
Volvic
Dasani
Arrowhead
Evian

Those of you who can distinguish between these, please tell me which you can distinguish between and how much you're willing to wager. Those of you (pkr, sooga, etc.) who said that one brand was terrible, please let me know which brands you think are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I could distinguish Brita/Dasani/Fiji very easily. I'd wager quite a bit on this.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:35 PM

Bling H2O
Old 03-18-2006, 10:36 PM

rocket,

Distinguishing between spring/natural waters and filtered tap waters is different than what I'd be willing to wager a lot on.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:43 PM

rocket,

"I could do this, I'm sure."

-expensive $30/bottle water
-moderately expensive spring water
-standard dasani/aquafina water
-filtered brita water
-tap water

I'll take you up on this bet. We'll do two groups of five that you need to identify correctly. I can come to Vegas for this wager.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rocket,

"I could do this, I'm sure."

-expensive $30/bottle water
-moderately expensive spring water
-standard dasani/aquafina water
-filtered brita water
-tap water

I'll take you up on this bet. We'll do two groups of five that you need to identify correctly. I can come to Vegas for this wager.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, no melted ice cubes??

Seriously, I think I could do that. We'd need some provisions. Like enough of each of the five kinds of water for me to have multiple tastes of each. I'd need at least one friend of my choosing around to make sure the water I'm given is legit. The water would have to be a tempurature of my choosing (approximate, as in "cold," "cool," "room-temp," "warm," etc). It would have to be on a day I'm not feeling under the weather--a cold or something would obviously screw things up. I'm sure there are other things, but those are the first ones that came to mind.

Like I said, I'd wager quite a bit.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:21 PM

rocket,

The provisions you listed are reasonable. Please list waters that you would consider acceptable for groups 1/2/3. I will then add some for your approval. Are you talking like $5,000 here or $50,000?
Old 03-18-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rocket,

The provisions you listed are reasonable. Please list waters that you would consider acceptable for groups 1/2/3. I will then add some for your approval. Are you talking like $5,000 here or $50,000?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I forgot what "quite a bit" might mean to a high-traffic gambling website. I guess I was thinking back to those Crimson challenges where people were doing stuff for under $100, and basing my statement off of that, since I would be willing to bet a good amount more than that. However, not quite the amounts you seem interested in.

If either of your listed amounts are what it would take to pull this off, then this bet probably won't happen. I apologize if I implicitly overstated my financial willingness.

Considering that it would be me putting up my own money in a test against you (and presumably others) none of which I know, I'd like to keep the amount lower for a few reasons, probably to the tune of $500:

1) I don't know you guys, you don't know me

2) I'd like to keep the bet more "fun" than "serious,"

3) I'd like to keep the bet to a level where people don't have as much motivation to cheat or try anything. $500 people might just show up and see how it works out. $50,000 is a completely different story.

4) Finally, to be honest, I'm not 100% sure of my ability to distinguish between Brita and some basic bottled waters--after all they're all pretty much the same thing. I'm very confident in my ability to distinguish all other waters (tap vs all, brita vs spring or expensive, standard vs spring or expensive, spring vs expensive).

I could perhaps be talked higher than $500, but if something in the $5000 range is what it would take, then I'm not the man for you.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:55 PM

Tap water through a brita pitcher works fine for me.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:02 AM

I can easily distinguish between the taste of my tap water vs the same tap water filtered through carbon.

I'm not sure about bottled water, but it is definetly possible to tell the difference between incredibly different tasting waters.
Closed Thread