Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: No other information, who wins:
Ranchton Cowtippers 29 47.54%
Cornville Abductees 32 52.46%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Patriots vs. NFC Pro Bowl Team, Who ya got?

[ QUOTE ]
i think everyone in this thread vastly underestimates how important it is to have a team and not just a collection of random players.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya cuz this is a likely scenario and not a hypothetical.

"THEY ALL WONT FIT UNDER THE CAP!!!!11!1!"
"They cant memorize the playbook that fast!!!"

ooh really? no [censored], this is hypothetical.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:48 PM

of course it's hypothetical, but you have to at least make some assumptions. the most logical one is that they play next week, not in 2 years time.

[ QUOTE ]

In turn I think you are vastly underestimating the effect of fatigue. The other team would be rotating guys like crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl....what?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think everyone in this thread vastly underestimates how important it is to have a team and not just a collection of random players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is key imo. If the premise is a perfectly gelled NFC team, coached by a brilliant coach over a long period of time, obviously the NFC team would be favored. In a realistic setting, the Pats would probably blow the NFC team off the field. Sad as that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, seriously? Pats were gelled and ready to demolish people by week 1 (and Brady was off and running by like game 3 of the preseason) so I think its pretty reasonable that a much more talented, much deeper team could make up for this even faster.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
of course it's hypothetical, but you have to at least make some assumptions. the most logical one is that they play next week, not in 2 years time.

[ QUOTE ]

In turn I think you are vastly underestimating the effect of fatigue. The other team would be rotating guys like crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl....what?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have enough defensive lineman that fatigue is not an issue. They can rotate... You know... How normal teams rotate players in a game except there'll be very little drop off from 1-2-3 since its a pro bowl team.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl....what?

[/ QUOTE ]

By the fourth quarter, offensive lineman are tiring out but they are blocking equally tired out guys. In this game, they are going to be blocked well-rested PROBOWLERS in the 4th quarter. This is going to be a pretty huge edge.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl....what?

[/ QUOTE ]

By the fourth quarter, offensive lineman are tiring out but they are blocking equally tired out guys. In this game, they are going to be blocked well-rested PROBOWLERS in the 4th quarter. This is going to be a pretty huge edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. Even top level athletes get tired, especially when playing against other top level athletes. Plus, linemen are kinda fat.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd take Packers + Cowboys best over the Pats. They aren't that good.

[/ QUOTE ]
You could pick two middle of the pack NFC teams and they would be favorites.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would be an interesting exercise.

How many teams would it take to make the game a pick 'em, assuming you started from the bottom up. Using AFC as well. Take the 49ers, Raiders and who else?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd probably have to go all the way up to the 4-6 teams. CIN, KC, MIN, NO, and BAL would make a sick team.

[/ QUOTE ]

cin/balt, cin/kc, no/balt, no/kc would all pwn. possibly swap kc and balt witn min too.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl....what?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such sick self-ownage.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl....what?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that the NFC can have elite players constantly at 100% because they can sub in backups that are still awesome where as the Pats dont have as good as depth.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:57 PM

not self-ownage, just clarifying that each team has the same number of players on the bench.