Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: The Sexiness of a Lag - Little Theory/Article Xposted

because lags have super powers
Old 11-02-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait wait wait. Why is the lag winning 17% more pots than a TAG w/ 48% and 41% W$WSF respectively????

EDIT: NM I think I have it. Since the lag is playing more hands and of those hands he's winning w/o showdown more then he's winning more pots than the tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

7%/41% = approx 17%
Old 11-02-2007, 02:01 PM

if anything this post will be good for the games.

I mean very few people will actually be able to take whats written here and apply it correctly. yea, lags make their cash by winning more than their fair share of small/medium size pots but have very good instincts with regard to knowing when to back off. all I see happening are tagfish c/ring a lot of flops oop w/out a clue what to do on the turn and end up building huge pots w/ marginal holdings and talking themselves into some horribly bad river calls because theyre getting priced in. should be pretty funny actually
Old 11-02-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean very few people will actually be able to take whats written here and apply it correctly. yea, lags make their cash by winning more than their fair share of small/medium size pots but have very good instincts with regard to knowing when to back off. all I see happening are tagfish c/ring a lot of flops oop w/out a clue what to do on the turn and end up building huge pots w/ marginal holdings and talking themselves into some horribly bad river calls because theyre getting priced in. should be pretty funny actually

[/ QUOTE ]

What Paul described about c/r dry A flops seems a perfect example of this.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly
Old 11-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Op wrote a good article, but if you think about it further, I think you will find, that having a high WWSF and having a green line that skyrockets into the heavens actually has alot LESS to do with manipulating your opponents to fold the BEST hand post flop, than most would think. I didnt read through the whole thread, and this may have been pointed out, or OP himself may have pointed it out, so I wont go further into it right now, but IMO it has actually little to do with winning pots with the worst hand. I always could be wrong.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly

[/ QUOTE ]

are you guys saying Paul is right or wrong? His advice looked good to me
Old 11-02-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait wait wait. Why is the lag winning 17% more pots than a TAG w/ 48% and 41% W$WSF respectively????

EDIT: NM I think I have it. Since the lag is playing more hands and of those hands he's winning w/o showdown more then he's winning more pots than the tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

7%/41% = approx 17%

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok ty.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I started concentrating on upping my W$WSF about 3 weeks ago or so. This was inspired by finally grasping what a lot of the PokerEV graphs meant. My graph basically had the green (winnings) line way below the red & blue lines. I saw a few sexy graph of people whose green lines were much higher (or above the other lines). I wanted this. I have actually gotten tighter lately (due to 8tabling since this is my "job" right now, whereas I used to 4-5table), but my W$WSF is up ~3.5% from 42'ish to 45.5. PokerEV says I'm running bad, yet my winrate is higher, so this is definitely a good possibility of why my winrate is higher.

BTW I hate articles like these for selfish reasons, but I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of people adjusting too much and just spewing money from all pores for a while [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for any article that encourages spew. There are already a few regulars I can count on to just give me money. Everybody, try to get the green line to be the highest. It's very, very important.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think what paul said is pretty good. But those moves need to be done at good times. Supose you had a good run of cards, active image, and then you start Craising those flops, they will think your full of it. But i think its def +ev to make that move if you havent been active and you got a very tight image, tags might fold weaker aces and all. I think tagfish wont understand this concept and overapply it.

Am i right? correct me if im wrong pls.