Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Small things to make the world better

[ QUOTE ]
1. One of the best moves I made recently was buying canvas bags to use when grocery shopping. Not only does this save on all those paper and plastic bags, they're a million times easier to manage and load up.

2. When parking your car on an open street in a city, keep in mind that there are going to be tons of people wanting to park their cars later, so by leaving room for 75% of a car between you and the corner, you're taking up a spot. same goes for side-by-side parking, i know you want some room, but there's no need to allow 3 feet beyond your fully extended door when parking.

3. "Please"

4. "Thank you"

[/ QUOTE ]

That first point is great. Seriously, time to stop with the plastic bags. Insane wasting.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 AM

have the common courtesy to give him a reach around.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Small things to make the world better

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you see someone and you genuinely like something they're wearing or they look particularly good that day, tell them. Doesn't matter if it's your girlfriend, your grandma or your roomate. A genuine compliment out of the blue makes people feel great, even if it's about something completely unimportant.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you like something someone is doing or wearing, within reason, tell them so. It takes two seconds, but can make someone's entire day exponentially better. I know it sounds like I'm being just touchy-feely, but...I'm a high school teacher, and you would not believe how much more attentive and tuned in some of my kids are when you just give a small word of encouragement. Adults are no different...everybody likes a compliment, even if they would never admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great job reading the thread.

Oh, and nice shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make use of irony every chance you can.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just don't bring young children on vacation, to the movies or to nice restaurants. Your 18-month-old is not going to get anything out of a trip to Vegas or a screening of 2001, and the likelihood of him annoying the hell out of people on the plane or in the theater is really high. Stay home or get a [censored] sitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't bring the kid because you think that the kid is going to get something out of it. You bring the kid because otherwise you can't go.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:49 AM

At the supermarket or Costco or whatever, if you take your purchases to your car in a shopping cart, please return the cart from whence it came or to a cart collection area. It'll take 30 seconds.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just don't bring young children on vacation, to the movies or to nice restaurants. Your 18-month-old is not going to get anything out of a trip to Vegas or a screening of 2001, and the likelihood of him annoying the hell out of people on the plane or in the theater is really high. Stay home or get a [censored] sitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't bring the kid because you think that the kid is going to get something out of it. You bring the kid because otherwise you can't go.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm sure my parents really got a kick out of santa's village
Old 10-28-2007, 07:36 PM

don't bring the display case up to the counter at the video store unless it is required to rent the movie.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't bring the display case up to the counter at the video store unless it is required to rent the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

people do this??
Old 10-28-2007, 08:08 PM

Don't berate the fish.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

people do this??

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh I've never seen it any different from one case, one disc, so that if you see a case you know for sure they're not out of them. Of course this problem is easily fixable by having someone go and take away the case once the last movie is rented out.

As for my contribution to this pet peeves framed in a positive way thread:

If you occupy a seat before mine, don't take ages putting your crap in the overhead bin while people behind you are waiting. Or at least don't stand in the aisle. Bitch.