Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: I apologize, but the fight will not happen.

lozl at this whole situation
Old 10-26-2007, 10:50 AM

little asian internet boy backs out of a fight?

no wai
Old 10-26-2007, 11:12 AM

lmao I never saw any of this but you're both idiots. Flying to someone elses city to fight alone? ahahhaha what kind of dumb [censored]?

Ok 10k fight, you come here and have the money on you.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
little asian internet boy backs out of a fight after talking major [censored]

no wai

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 11:16 AM

fighting is stupid, people can get hurt.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM

lol, i never heard about this, but seriously? who the hell agrees to fight in advance over a [censored] internet argument? I mean fights should just happen, even then they're pretty immature, but them being planned in advanced is just incredibly retarded. I can't believe phresh is thinking he's the winner cause yves backed out. He's the winner for realizing how stupendously retarded it is to do this kind of [censored].

TMO
Old 10-26-2007, 12:00 PM

i'll take yves place
Old 10-26-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, i never heard about this, but seriously? who the hell agrees to fight in advance over a [censored] internet argument? I mean fights should just happen, even then they're pretty immature, but them being planned in advanced is just incredibly retarded. I can't believe phresh is thinking he's the winner cause yves backed out. He's the winner for realizing how stupendously retarded it is to do this kind of [censored].

TMO

[/ QUOTE ]

yves was backing down from the beginning. he wanted phresh to fly out to new hampshire on his own money, and was trying to create so many stipulations so that phresh would back down. he didn't.

that's how these things usually end - phresh actually got yves to say 'this is stupid', which is rare. all the HSNL HU matches end when one party demands one site or one particular playing time and the other refuses, or one demands to play 90k hands to ensure a winner, or 12 tabling, or something absurd, and the other backs out, and both come away with the feeling that the other guy stepped down.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe phresh is thinking he's the winner cause yves backed out

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I ever say this? Ever? I didn't. What's really [censored] is that Yves is pretending to take some moral high ground after a brilliant and mature epiphany occurred. This is total [censored]. He didn't want this to happen at ALL. He kept creating little [censored] storms every 2 seconds to try and make it not happen. Once he realized I was serious, he pussed out and created this insanely stupid story about how he's come to his senses.

Triumph,

This wasn't like a classic HU match at all. We both agreed on the rules and were awaiting a day when our schedules cleared past the upcoming holidays.

[ QUOTE ]
fighting is stupid, people can get hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a diss, but I am assuming you've never really been in a fight? Neither of us were going to get hurt man. We even had a guy acting as ref who knows a decent amount of MMA rules. We're both small kids and nobody was going to get seriously injured here. This wasn't some hate filled display of barbarism to me. It was just a random competition that involved fighting. A fight is really not that serious at all. It may have started out as us hating eachother and talking [censored], but I really just wanted to see if I could take him. Shake hands, fight, shake hands, drink. I was talking about coming down and partying with him at Dartmouth before the challenge was even throught of. You guys are overreacting to the situation and unfairly placing the blame on me because I accepted HIS challenge.

But yeah, serious props for Yves and shame on me, for responding to Yves [censored] callouts and "SKEME IS A HUGE PUSSY" threads in a mature, "Sure, I'll come fight you" manner. I realize you will giggle like school girls at my useage of the word mature in this fiasco, but I don't view the challenge as anything other than a competition. I mean, we had a [censored] beer chugging competition in there too, lol.

Whatever.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
T God,

I assume our bet is off as we never set a date for the fight? Sorry bro, my intentions were solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

NP, we're good.