Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: M.I.A

Oh wow, I also want to have AOW's babies.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:08 PM

I has a PMs [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GA,

If I have to explain why I like 2LiveCrew better than this chick I will make a long post about cultrual appropriation that is boring. I swore off making long boring posts about music in like 2002.

[/ QUOTE ]
So no one who isn't black and American can make good hip-hop? I want to see this long, boring post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody can make good hip-hop.

M.I.A doesn't, but what she makes is unquestionably hip-hop, but it's not packaged that way so nobody points out that there's 5000 better female MCs.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GA,

If I have to explain why I like 2LiveCrew better than this chick I will make a long post about cultrual appropriation that is boring. I swore off making long boring posts about music in like 2002.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're prepared to make cultural appropriation commentary about ass'n'titties but not "Jimmy"? Holy [censored] dude . . .

Also - MIA isn't really British/Malaysian hip hop, she's actually everything that's right about Baltimore Gutter. Like Amanda Blank, but without saying "pussy" a lot. And everyone knows that B'more Gutter is the new [censored] - she gets a "pass" because it's fundamentally different music.

Take off your backpack rap blinders - "Reflection Eternal" was not the last great hip hop album, and you can actually embrace electronic music and retain your soul, there, Rakim. It'll be OK. I promise.

[/ QUOTE ]
superpwned
Old 10-25-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GA,

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're prepared to make cultural appropriation commentary about ass'n'titties but not "Jimmy"? Holy [censored] dude . . .

Also - MIA isn't really British/Malaysian hip hop, she's actually everything that's right about Baltimore Gutter. Like Amanda Blank, but without saying "pussy" a lot. And everyone knows that B'more Gutter is the new [censored] - she gets a "pass" because it's fundamentally different music.

Take off your backpack rap blinders - "Reflection Eternal" was not the last great hip hop album, and you can actually embrace electronic music and retain your soul, there, Rakim. It'll be OK. I promise.

[/ QUOTE ]

FAIL ON MANY LEVELS.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:11 PM

DIDS YOU CAN HAVE THE LAST WORD GO AHEAD
Old 10-25-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FAIL ON MANY LEVELS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'M NOT ERICW YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS [censored] AND CAN ACTUALLY DISCUSS LIKE A SMART HUMAN BEING
Old 10-25-2007, 03:19 PM

1- we disagree on some fundamental definitions wrt Hip-hop, so there's no point in moving forward

2- I decided you weren't worth debating with when you made some stupid assumptions about what kind of music I like (Reflection Eternal blows mostly).

I JUDGE YOU NOT WORTHY
Old 10-25-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1- we disagree on some fundamental definitions wrt Hip-hop, so there's no point in moving forward

2- I decided you weren't worth debating with when you made some stupid assumptions about what kind of music I like (Reflection Eternal blows mostly).

I JUDGE YOU NOT WORTHY

[/ QUOTE ]
preach it Bambaataa!!
Old 10-25-2007, 03:22 PM

Ok for real dids last word GO