Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: debate thread

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, does anyone know what Alan Colmes is about? I never watch Fox News, so I have no idea. It seems like after the debate, he took pro-Paul position, and even grilled Thompson with Paul's point about foreign policy costing us a lot of money. Thompson did his best to be patronizing and avoiding the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alan Colmes is the weak Democrat to be the foil for Sean Hannity.

Apparently however:

[ QUOTE ]
You can quote Alan Colmes as saying " I will support Ron Paul over any declared Republican or Democratc Presidential candidate. He made this comment after the NH debate on his Radio show on fox news radio.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL Fox New Ron Paul bashing...."How many in here thought Ron Paul won?" No hands raised from the room full of old, mean-looking, eye darting hicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL -- I also liked the next line. "I think that says a lot about THAT particular poll."

[/ QUOTE ]

More like it says a lot about how in touch they are with the American people.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Alan Colmes is the weak Democrat to be the foil for Sean Hannity.

Apparently however:

[ QUOTE ]
You can quote Alan Colmes as saying " I will support Ron Paul over any declared Republican or Democratc Presidential candidate. He made this comment after the NH debate on his Radio show on fox news radio.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's likely more radical in his social liberalism than his economic liberalism. He also may simply realize that there's not much the president can do alone to stop Social Security and Welfare, but there's plenty he can do to stop our invading foreign countries and the War on Drugs. Personally, I think Ron Paul is a better choice than the Democratic candidates for most liberals, because although he's further from them on overall views by a wide margin, he's closer in the places where the president actually has a great degree of power.

Of course, this assumes you don't mind someone who's going to veto 90% of the bills passed by Congress. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 02:57 AM

Yes, because the American people are obviously supporting Ron Paul...
Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting illegal immigrants are voting in our text polls and boosting Paul?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL Fox New Ron Paul bashing...."How many in here thought Ron Paul won?" No hands raised from the room full of old, mean-looking, eye darting hicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL -- I also liked the next line. "I think that says a lot about THAT particular poll."

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] Frank Luntz

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish that were cut to just the middle bit about polling. I'd have to start linking it every time someone was like "Ron Paul's only polling 3%!" I may do that anyway.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just caught a few minutes of the debate, so I cannot comment on the substance, but did anybody else think Ron Paul looked younger, tanner, and had more hair? Maybe he had a professional make up artist do a little touch up before the debate. Not a bad idea, if true.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I thought the opposite. He looked tired and ashen. Between him Thompson and McCain I was having trouble figuring out who to put in the death pool first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you need a shot of Vitamin Putin.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, Putin looks way stronger than me. And he's like 3 times my age.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just caught a few minutes of the debate, so I cannot comment on the substance, but did anybody else think Ron Paul looked younger, tanner, and had more hair? Maybe he had a professional make up artist do a little touch up before the debate. Not a bad idea, if true.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I thought the opposite. He looked tired and ashen. Between him Thompson and McCain I was having trouble figuring out who to put in the death pool first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you need a shot of Vitamin Putin.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, Putin looks way stronger than me. And he's like 3 times my age.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he fishes with a big ass knife on his side. The man eats a bowl of nails for breakfast too i heard imo.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting illegal immigrants are voting in our text polls and boosting Paul?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, what happens is that Paul's supporters are an extremely fervent bunch, and are much more likely to vote in all the text polls than other candidates' supporters. However, that doesn't make Paul support any more numerically superior. I used to think that Ron Paul's message was simply not heard by most Americans, and hence the low poll numbers. However, I'm not sure anymore, it sounds like a lot of them know what it is and reject it out of hand.