Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who had more posts in this thread at the time of this post (I haven't counted)
Tokyo!! 5 41.67%
BluffBank 1 8.33%
BASTARD 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: NYTimes vs. Every Other Newspaper

Jesus, could anyone in this thread be bothered to provide, like, examples of any of the bias they claim to see in any of the sources provided? Should we just take your word for it?
Old 10-14-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, could anyone in this thread be bothered to provide, like, examples of any of the bias they claim to see in any of the sources provided? Should we just take your word for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

In summer 2004, the newspaper's then public editor (ombudsman), Daniel Okrent, wrote a piece on the Times' liberal bias.[36] He concluded that The Times did have a liberal bias in coverage of certain social issues

I dont read the nyt but just google youll find tons of examples, and if the editor is admitting some liberal bias, you have to assume that its about 10 times worse than what he admits.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to find the option "worse than the average paper" but it's not there so I have no option to choose.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In summer 2004, the newspaper's then public editor (ombudsman), Daniel Okrent, wrote a piece on the Times' liberal bias.[36] He concluded that The Times did have a liberal bias in coverage of certain social issues

I dont read the nyt but just google youll find tons of examples, and if the editor is admitting some liberal bias, you have to assume that its about 10 times worse than what he admits.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome, this is exactly the type of detailed analysis I was looking for, especially the part I bolded. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Washington Post > NYT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a scientist, I think this is obvious. I find this particularly strange since the NYT's is often equated as being supportive of the 'left wing commie academic ivory tower'. The NYT's has a lot of crap in it when it comes to science.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome, this is exactly the type of detailed analysis I was looking for, especially the part I bolded. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not your researcher, do your own googling/reading and opinion forming. Im not going to go search, post 100000 articles that are obviously biased and then have all the blind libs come out of the woodwork and debate inane semantics like most of the posts you guys put forth, Im busy drinking and watching some cooking shows.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NYT's:
From yours truly
http://tinyurl.com/2cltd4

from NASA scientists
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&amp...amp;btnG=Search

From media matters
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&amp...amp;btnG=Search
Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 PM

YOU GUYS SAYING ITS LEFT WING LIBERAL BIAS, ARE YOU SAYING ITS LEFT WING AND BIASED IN RELATION TO TO WHAT THE AVERAGE PERSON IN THE COUNTRY THINKS OR IN RELATION TO THE TRUTH?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 PM

another example of bias: link

edit: another one: Times admits slanting Columbia story.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YOU GUYS SAYING ITS LEFT WING LIBERAL BIAS, ARE YOU SAYING ITS LEFT WING AND BIASED IN RELATION TO TO WHAT THE AVERAGE PERSON IN THE COUNTRY THINKS OR IN RELATION TO THE TRUTH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. With extreme prejudice.