Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Vanessa Rousso interview - \"I play A LOT of online tournaments...\"

[ QUOTE ]
"... I've played at least 80 or 90" - LOLLLL

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL A+
Old 10-06-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Vanessa Rousso interview - \"I play A LOT of online tournaments...\"

I would like to see her naked. In pictures. That way she cant talk.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is so much jealousy in this thread, it's disgusting.

Not only do you all wish you too could make aggressive calls, I bet not a single person in this thread has ever even set foot on the Duke campus let alone GRADUATE from there.

Keep sippin' the Hate O'Rade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said ... and thanks for the laugh

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is jealously and also hostility to a woman in the still macho poker world. There was also a lot of hostility towards Annette.

As I understand it, Vanessa made some final table on TV and that's how she became a Stars "pro". So this is her second 6-figure cash. I would assume she has some talent even if she does not play as polished a tournament game as most of the regulars in the HSMTT forum. I am sure she would not be successful at mid stakes online cash games at this point.

As for Duke, I went somewhere similar, but I don't generally talk about it, and it wasn't always an easy or pleasant experience, but it does take something to get a degree like that and you do get something from it you couldn't get an ordinary school. I know that most people at these schools have excellent academic preparation (although I didn't), and often have parents with money and connections, and most people do not have the opportunity to have that kind of education.

I think there is jealousy and hostility about her big cashes, Duke, her not playing as good a book game as most professional players on this forum, and her being a woman. I really think it would be better to just congatulate her on acheiving a lot at a young age.

[/ QUOTE ]

You failed to mention her arrogance. People don't like arrogant people. Jelously has nothing to do with it. Yes I'm jelous of her cash, but I'm also jelous of Ivey's cash and pretty much anyone with a 6 figure score. I don't hate people because they have things I don't, I hate they're attitude.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:38 AM

She looks like a tranny to me.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:42 AM

I hate poker players who get attention for something besides being good at poker (Rousso gets attention for being a dumb bitch and not being fat).

Although I have to admit I'm now lovin' the ol' Rainkhan "BULLLDOOOZEERRRRR".
Old 10-06-2007, 01:46 AM

she is goodlooking and this thread is pathetic.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She (rousso) has never been nasty, so I'm laying off her until she's a legit target. You're all dicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

ask james van alstyne how nasty she can get. (i think his arm still hurts)

this chick threw a shiitstorm like i never seen before after busting out in 7th place at a WPT event
Old 10-06-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for Duke, I went somewhere similar...and you do get something from it you couldn't get an ordinary school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your arrogance is showing.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is jealously and also hostility to a woman in the still macho poker world. There was also a lot of hostility towards Annette.

As I understand it, Vanessa made some final table on TV and that's how she became a Stars "pro". So this is her second 6-figure cash. I would assume she has some talent even if she does not play as polished a tournament game as most of the regulars in the HSMTT forum. I am sure she would not be successful at mid stakes online cash games at this point.

As for Duke, I went somewhere similar, but I don't generally talk about it, and it wasn't always an easy or pleasant experience, but it does take something to get a degree like that and you do get something from it you couldn't get an ordinary school. I know that most people at these schools have excellent academic preparation (although I didn't), and often have parents with money and connections, and most people do not have the opportunity to have that kind of education.

I think there is jealousy and hostility about her big cashes, Duke, her not playing as good a book game as most professional players on this forum, and her being a woman. I really think it would be better to just congatulate her on acheiving a lot at a young age.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually its 3 six figure cashes...but w/e thats not what its about really....and if it is then people just need to get over themselves and get on with life.

I think the hate on Vanessa stems from the following:

First off I see a lot of it steming from the 2005 WPT Championship event @ Bellagio where she finished 7th...i.e. the Liz Lieu incident and then getting endorsed by Stars about a week or 2 after the event...where the common theme being thrown around at the time was other players probably more deserving than her should've gotten a deal.

Secondly how she portrays herself on TV doesn't really help her public image. Her Poker After dark and WPT Ladies Event TV apperances are pefect examples. Componding that with the Aaronbeen + Liz Lieu incidents public perception of her is all that good.

FWIW it is what it is. I got no hate for her cause I don't know her...but I can see why people would.

- JA
Old 10-06-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone post one of her aggressive calls?

[/ QUOTE ]

The infamous AJ aggressive call which involved Aaron Been, Chad Brown, Duels at sunrise and a lot of MS paint.

One of the truly great 2+2 moments, sorry you missed it Imrahil