Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Halo 3: Post your likes & dislikes of multiplayer

AFter playing some multi, here are my main thoughts:

Overall, very good experience. STill tying to get used to the differences in the grenade. Im surprised how much this subtle change is really throwing me off. Love most of the weapons. I still suck at sniping and thus try to veto most shotty sniper games [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 02:17 AM

I don't like the shotty sniper games at all.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:28 AM

Dislikes:

-Playing in a party of 3 usually ends up resulting in 3 on 3 matches. Those are just too intense.

-The rocket launcher. Toned down from Halo 2 at least. Guess every game has to have their BFG9000.

-Many of the maps seem almost designed to be camped. A decently organized team can get a small lead then just completely lock down and camp in alot of the levels. Fortunately, not too many people are the cheesy.

-Starting with the assault rifle. Can actually be used to good effect and isn't just a spray and pray gun.

-The utility items. The radar jammer especially can just be so incredibly effective, and they're lots of fun!

-Toned down battle rifle and sniper. They're alot of fun now and actually require a little skill to use unlike Halo 2.

I'm in the low 20s and having alot of fun. Great game overall. Sure do wish I could get the timing for melees and shotguns down.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:45 AM

What's pissing me off lately is people camping in the underground parts of Snowbound, so they are protected by the forcefields.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's pissing me off lately is people camping in the underground parts of Snowbound, so they are protected by the forcefields.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word, [censored] that [censored] man, I hate it sooo much. I hate that level, dear jesus.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:30 AM

Don't like Narrows, Snowbound, especially sniper shotty on narrows. Also, Capture the flag seems really tough to score being you can't contest it anymore and have to touch it in like 15-20 seconds. Seems really tough to relay it in the zanzibar remake especially.

I really like the new way assualt works where it arms automatically and defense has to unarm it. Unlike Halo 2 where the other team usually had to totally outclass the other team to score with the grenades flying and whatnot while you're waiting 20 minutes to arm the thing. I like the concept of V.I.P. although it seems to be needing improvement somehow.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word, [censored] that [censored] man, I hate it sooo much. I hate that level, dear jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]Whats so hard about it? Only one shotty on the level, I think, and no sword. You just bumrush it and toss nades in there. It ends of being a dogfight in there. Usually spills out onto the outside too. Fun level.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Whats so hard about it? Only one shotty on the level, I think, and no sword. You just bumrush it and toss nades in there. It ends of being a dogfight in there. Usually spills out onto the outside too. Fun level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it as well, you just have to have a team that knows how to play the level as well. It never works going solo against a team controlling the underground.

Also, why is everyone calling it 'camping'? In Halo 2 it was called 'controlling an area', but for Halo 3 it's all about how much everyone hates camping. It's a strategy, and a pretty good one at that, and it does take some skill esp w/ a team. Get two guys bouncing around the center and an enemy chasing them and BAM! 4 guys to meet him when he only thought it was a team of 2. Good times.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:10 PM

Camping only works for a brief peroid anyway. Eventually the other team breaks through because they will come with some good weapons.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:55 PM

can somebody tell me what the ratio of big maps to small maps? is snowbound and highground or whatever the 2 beta maps the smallest in the game?