Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Official MTT COACHING thread.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to expect someone making 600/hr to coach you for 30 is lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
What they make while playing is irrelevant. It's what they are worth as a coach that matters here. If I'm going to pay top rate then I would go to someone who had proven to be a great teacher...not just a great player.

A-Rod is a pretty good ball player...and he makes a ton of money right now doing it...but I wouldn't pay him that kind of money to coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

well of course and if you feel someone is overcharging don't use their services, but in all likelyhood someone is going to be worth what they are charging, some will be simply better value than others.

all im saying is that people that are good enough to coach are good enough to make a lot of money, and they are willing to help you do the same so often what they are charging is worth it, and even if it's not, it will be harder to find cheaper.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:24 AM

anyone that wants to do some less intensive coaching?
I dont need someone to go over complete HH's or sweat me through an entire tournament. But it would be nice to have someone 'awesome' to ask random questions every now and then or talk a situation without starting a complete thread (i have a fear of failing threads :< )

I have basic knowledge of most poker theory but consider myself more a 'by the feel'-player than a mathkid. Also no way i'll ever put fulltime volume in, i play for my enjoyment, but would like it to be a bit more profitable.

so from the list in OP:

1. What you’re looking for in terms of services.
someone to ask questions to, who can give me tips to improve my out-of-the-book-and-forums tournament play. Maybe an occasional sweat if i get pretty deep.
2. What your price range is.
I dont have much to offer, i could share possible winnings, but my 'effective' BR is most of the time around $500
3. What kind of limits you normally play.
i generally play any NLHE/PLO tourney from $3 rebuy to $11 1R/1A, and everything in between.
4. What you're hoping to get/accomplish out of coaching.
I feel my weak points are my after-bubble 'endgame' play, and generally picking up on patterns. I generally start failing when the weak players are out and most play becomes push/fold (or steal/resteal)... i suck at picking spots
5. Any additional details the previous questions didn’t cover.
Right now i'm a winning player, but most comes from a few $1k+ wins at Party tourneys ($22/$33) .... on Stars my ROI is actually slightly negative
I dont have much $ to offer, but i can send you secret packages and pictures of hookers from Amsterdam (ok, kidding about the pictures)
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I need a coach for run good and a separate coach for win flips or is there some beast out there who can coach me at both?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-02-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
will coach people on how to win races late and make aggressive bets

[/ QUOTE ]

psh why pick you for that with me available?

[/ QUOTE ]

i 5 bet all in with 35o in the 2nd chance wcoop me just so that i cud say i've 5 bet bluffed!! (clayton can second this)

[/ QUOTE ]
I've 5bet bluffed before with 94s not even a wheel draw hand like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you were suited!!!! anyways now my quest is to find an opportunity to 6 bet bluff..
Old 10-02-2007, 11:29 AM

i will be anyone's friend for free!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 AM

There's a whole lot of talking about 300/hr in this thread, which was only quoted by Ansky. You have to realize, Ansky isn't here to help people win 180s, he has beaten and coaches people to beat 10/20nl. That's a far cry different from learning low stakes MTTs. From the testimonials I've seen, and the fact that he's full on students, I'd say it's worth every penny for certain people. Obviously it's silly to pay that to learn to beat 4/180s, and besides if that's what you need coaching for I doubt you'd understand anything he has to say anyway.

Also, I'm sure I'm in need of some coaching, as I feel like my game is kinda stuck, but alas I destroyed my roll making withdraws so here's hoping for a lucky score so I can afford to actually get better.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 AM

ansky wouldn't be a good coach for 180s anyway it's a negative level thinking in 180s. Smokey found that out the hard way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-02-2007, 11:52 AM

Incidently, I expect coaches will post with rates more reasonable for small stakes players. I will put together a detailed reply soon and my rates are less than those offered so far, but you could probably get someone to competently go over a typical 4/180 HH for less than what I will ask for.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Incidently, I expect coaches will post with rates more reasonable for small stakes players. I will put together a detailed reply soon and my rates are less than those offered so far, but you could probably get someone to competently go over a typical 4/180 HH for less than what I will ask for.

[/ QUOTE ]

:Sigh:

If I weren't in grad school I'd put up something like $30 an hour our so for coaching SSMTTs. Maybe over next summer (which is oh so far away). In the meantime, maybe I should charge $1.00 to reply to OPs.

Sherman
Old 10-02-2007, 12:02 PM

If somebody needs poker coaching in Spanish, PM me.
Closed Thread