Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Fustrated, Tired, Hungry and Numb - 5hrs of poker

lol fantastic thread revival
Old 09-27-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I am not trying to be a poker "brat" here, but I am starting to get a little fustrated. The last three nights i have been virutally breaking even... which is fine ! Certainly better than losing! BUT.. since I am still a newbie to cash poker, I didn't anticipate the time and emotion that I would be investing into the game of poker.

When I was playing for play money I would come on play for an hour maybe 2 hours and go, and that was that. But now I find myself on for hours ( like most serious online players.

The point of this post is this : How can I learn to cope with the grind? When I am winning big, the hours fly by and the numbness in my rear doesn't seem to bother me, but when my stack stays virtually the same or does this little roller coaster action of up one minute and down the next, I feel a little fustrated, tired, forget to eat so I am hungry, and my butt goes numb. Even though I try and move around a bit and get the blood flow going, I am just not used to so many hours sitting.

Help!

[/ QUOTE ] Just read your post and I think there is a time to take time out. So you are doing even good! better then losing. But instead of playing more I like to take time out to plug some holes in my game. Sit back and ask "why am I even and not ahead" "am I making the same mistakes over and ove?' You can add to the list. I think poker is like solving a math problem. you get at it. You think you are close to an answer but it might alude you. So you step back and figure another aproach. The end result is you solve it and go on to the next problem.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:41 AM

Actually, I guess I don't just sit down and study as you are recommending. I usually keep 2+2 open while I play and when I have a game issue come up I post it, and read while I play. I feel keeping the forum open while I play keeps me focused on poker and gives me info at the same time which I can utilize immedaitely.

I am not a math person like some here. I usually play more on instinct I guess is how you would say it but I am getting slowly a better concept on the math part of the game... at least I generally understand it enough to where I apparently and at least breaking even at this point.

BTW sorry for calling you ignorant lol.. it was you i said that too right?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Related to the above, guys love to chat with cute girls, and you have a picture up, so yes, your chatting will earn some goodwill, and maybe keep a lovesick fish in the game longer than he intended. Definitely +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I don't agree with that statement really because nobody wants to intentionally lose their money to anyone no matter how "cute" they are. And also the fish usually aren't the ones that engage in chat. I WISH it was that way and it worked that way. I REALLY do but those buggers will catch on you and run off all scared because they know if they stay you will bust them. I usually just mark them for catching later. LOL.