Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: An Amazing Life

[ QUOTE ]
I can answer from personal experience here tpir...I don't need critical thinking...I have known a lot of people and very few of them were evil...I've lived and worked on 3 continents and most of the evil people are the ones media/history portrays...Like Hitler...I never knew him but it seems he was evil...Most of the Christians I've known have been good people...some were exceptionally good...and I'll bet the "evil" ones you know are the extremists and you know them from the media...Well they're plenty of non-Christian crazies too...the Unabomber was one...You only have to turn on the tv or pick up a newpaper to see them...How about that lady NASA astronaut....Don't stereotype Christians as evil...its just not true....

[/ QUOTE ]

you do need critical thinking to be able to tell what the hell people are talking about so that when you reply it has something to do with the point they're trying to make.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:11 PM

Yes, hitch was right. I never said anything of the sort that you tried to pin on me.

[ QUOTE ]
Tpir...see Wikipedia on critical thinking...it seem personal experience is a part of it.. ..

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad to see you missed the point entirely.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to see you missed the point entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe another attempt at a definition would be more helpful? Just a thought.

I actually agree with almost everything you say in this (and most other) threads tpr, I just think that someone such as yourself is capable of getting soo much more from others by altering THE WAY you say some things.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can answer from personal experience here tpir...I don't need critical thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]
And this is why noone here is taking you seriously.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No non-christian scholars believe that 'jesus of the bible' existed ... Or Else They Would Be Christians.
The possible 'poor slob jesus', hut builder, that may have existed never influenced anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe he was a real and highly influential person (not a christian).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually agree with almost everything you say in this (and most other) threads tpr, I just think that someone such as yourself is capable of getting soo much more from others by altering THE WAY you say some things.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the kind words Hitch. I agree 100% that my tone sucks and runs counter to my cause in some cases.

That being said, I disagree that I, or anyone else on here, is capable of getting anything out of some of the posters. They claim to be seeking the truth but are only open to discussing their version and on their terms. This life-tilts me, so I ridicule them.

I have friendly and reasonable conversations with theists all the time in real life. The same could happen here too if they weren't so over-the-top ridiculous with their assertions and accusations.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:28 PM

Foal said

It sounded like he was saying Christ was not a Christian and implying Christians are bad...That's what I'm saying about cryptic comments...they may or may not accurately reflect what you're saying...
Old 09-20-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Foal said

It sounded like he was saying Christ was not a Christian and implying Christians are bad...That's what I'm saying about cryptic comments...they may or may not accurately reflect what you're saying...

[/ QUOTE ]

PLEASE READ THE POST AGAIN AND WHAT HE WAS REPLYING TO! VERY IMPORTANT.

Lucky me said that only Christians believe Jesus existed. Foal said he believed Jesus existed then put in brackets that HE was not a Christian.

Foal was actually on your side here, and I agreed with him, as has tpir and 1 other athiest since.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 PM

I see what you're saying Einbert...but they may want to read up on "critical thinking"...I am trying to be my own original self...not a copy of anyone else's idea of what "critical thinking" should be...that is worth something in any debate...See wikipedia on critical thinking and bias if you want first rate thought...
Old 09-20-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lucky me said that only Christians believe Jesus existed. Foal said he believed Jesus existed then put in brackets that HE was not a Christian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so I am unambigouous here, the 'HE' i refer to here is Foal, not JC.