Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum

[ QUOTE ]
I'm seriously wondering if there's some sort of law stating that you need to walk on your own 2 feet if placed under arrest. In this and the UCLA tasering, the officers are basically already carrying the individual and get to random points where they throw them down. Then they demand that the UCLA kid gets up again? wtf..

Both kids are retards, but WTF is with the police not being able to CONTINUE carrying a person another 5 feet?!?!

Also, whoever keeps stating that "OMG A POLICEMAN IS FAT AND ONE IS A WOMEN!~~" .... so? I'm guessing she can't just get hired by filling in her age. She's wearing a uniform, she better be able to do SOMETHING. Also, do you think you need to be a man or in shape to carry someone? You have 4-6 police officers there, ALL of which can help carry the guy.

The bouncer case is great. If random bouncers, not every bouncer is feakishly huge either, can get to a peaceful resolution then why can't TRAINED officers?

[/ QUOTE ]

the bouncer thing doesnt jive, a bouncer 99% of the time is much more rough on the person than the police were in that situation, they didnt want to do what a bouncer has to do probably because of the cameras, also, a drunk is infinitely easier to man handle than someone who is "sober".
Old 09-18-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say taze the guy who filmed this for his incompetency with a camera.

-edit: talking about the "long version".
Serious response: he got what he he deserved. Trespassing and resisting arrest. I'll save my sympathy for people who are tazed for doing little or nothing (see the stories about a cop named Serna in San Fran).

[/ QUOTE ]

What strikes me is that such a response would never ever fly in Europe. The University police in question would probably lose their job and the University would probably face a very decent lawsuit whereas Mr Kerry's credibility would have been seriously compromised. After all, why didn't he stop it? And why didn't the students intervene? In my opinion this behavior and public opinion is more or less asking for a police state or a pseudo-dictatorship like in Russia.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the kid was an idiot punk. according to what i've read he is a very immature professional loud mouth. however, those cops tasered to "punish" from what i saw, which is illegal, and they should lose their jobs. 2 cops, 4 cops, 6 cops or whatever, they had him on the ground controlled. the taser should have never come out and they will suffer the consequences, i believe. and they should.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the matter with you people? Watch the freakin' videos and you'll see that they do not have him under control and that he is very actively resisting the officers attempts to arrest him.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:56 PM

him yanking his arms away does not mean they should taser him. they were improperly trained cops, illsuited to handle that situation. tasers can and have killed people. what do you think cops did a few years back to restrain someone?? c'mon, use your head.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
him yanking his arms away does not mean they should taser him. they were improperly trained cops, illsuited to handle that situation. tasers can and have killed people. what do you think cops did a few years back to restrain someone?? c'mon, use your head.

[/ QUOTE ]

A baton, then cuffs if needed.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 PM

Tempus,

You're wrong.

Blufish,

You're also wrong. They used Tasers instead of beating the [censored] out of him or shooting him. And that's assuming they were even real cops and not just University Police. What are they supposed to do, just let him resist and fight until he gets tired? Use your head. Jesus. Him yanking his arms away MOST CERTAINLY MEANS he should be tasered.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so by your logic, if he had pulled their gun out of the holster, then they shouldn't taser him because it was a result of their own incompetence as police officers?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. Google what the procedures for using a taser are and you'll find that a case like this where the suspect is clearly, physically resisting attempts to arrest him, but does not require lethal force are textbook examples of when it's appropriate to use a taser.

The nice thing about a taser is that the pain it induces is temporary. In the past, if this guy continued to resist, the officers might have had to injure him in order to get him in cuffs. The whole reason they have tasers now is to avoid situations where officers may have to seriously injure suspects or put themselves in danger of being hurt while struggling with someone resisting them. Most people on this forum can vouch for me that I'm not a shill for the government or police in general, but this is clear cut.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 PM

Tempus,

I am very interested to hear exactly what you think John Kerry should have done here. Please do better than you did in OOT.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the kid was an idiot punk. according to what i've read he is a very immature professional loud mouth. however, those cops tasered to "punish" from what i saw, which is illegal, and they should lose their jobs. 2 cops, 4 cops, 6 cops or whatever, they had him on the ground controlled. the taser should have never come out and they will suffer the consequences, i believe. and they should.

[/ QUOTE ]

The language used in these taser instances always strikes me as extremely illogical/unfair.

How many tasers do you think were involved in this incident? What should the other cops w/o a taser who are struggling with the guy do once someone decides to use the taser? Walk away? Is there a way they can somehow completely distance themselves from the entire incident?

It seems as if they'd better since most people seem to think that EVERYONE there should be punished/fired if it turns out the tasering was unjustified. FWIW I'm not offering up an opinion one way or the other of this particular incident, just commenting on how people in general tend to condemn everyone and anyone in uniform who plays any part in a police action that they disagree with.