Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Time Travel Game: how would you make money?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow Transference wins in my book

Awesome idea dude. You're not using the knowledge you had of just 1992... but knowledge of everything that happened between then and now. So all you have to do is convince a few millionairres that you're legit then sell them info that may not apply to '92 but would certainly apply in future years.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rules in the OP state that you can't tell anyone you're from the future and know what's going to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you don't have to tell them either thing. Just consistently make "guesses" that always come true till someone believes you got magic powers.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:15 PM

spend my year doing whatever i want. july 31, 1993, at 11:55 p.m. i rob a jewelry store.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd become a beat maker. I don't know how well "our" music would appeal to the early 90s but with material ranging from Britney Spears to Linkin Park to Pharrell, I'm sure I could produce something successful. Could do this in well under a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

How? The technology in 1992 would not allow this...plus, what makes you think music today would be popular during the "grunge" period of popular music?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok step by step process

Step 1. Get an internship at movie production company

Step 2. Bet the big moneyline upsets...finding a bookie isn't hard.

Step 3. Pitch your awesome original movie/tv ideas while at work.

Step 4. You've now been hired as a movie executive. Keep betting the moneylines etc. Make tons of $$ of your movie ideas.

Step 5. Bang supermodels.

Step 6. Your a multi millionaire...and its only been 4-6 months

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're sitting around in 1992 with 100 other people who write screenplays for a living, what makes you think your ideas will standout as "awesome"? Just because they've since been made into movies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the vast majority of people who write screenplays for a living have [censored] ideas. The top 5-10% have the great high concept ideas.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Play the futures market. Heavily levereged margin accounts give you the opportunity to gain the most on your money with the least initial investment. If you know how the markets are going to work, you can make money in by going long and short. With $500, you would be able to leverage a $15,000 contract, and any tick in price = $12.50. Make enough on corn, to build your bankroll, then go to the most volatile market and day trade the hell out of it. You could make your million dollars in about 2 months.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd become a beat maker. I don't know how well "our" music would appeal to the early 90s but with material ranging from Britney Spears to Linkin Park to Pharrell, I'm sure I could produce something successful. Could do this in well under a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

How? The technology in 1992 would not allow this...plus, what makes you think music today would be popular during the "grunge" period of popular music?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok step by step process

Step 4. You've now been hired as a movie executive. Keep betting the moneylines etc. Make tons of $$ of your movie ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're sitting around in 1992 with 100 other people who write screenplays for a living, what makes you think your ideas will standout as "awesome"? Just because they've since been made into movies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the vast majority of people who write screenplays for a living have [censored] ideas. The top 5-10% have the great high concept ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how are you going to rewrite Memento or something else from memory and have the credibility so some studio is going to make your movie? You don't think they get tons of interesting screenplays all the time? What's going to make yours standout? Because it was a killer movie in 1999 doesn't mean if some random guy tried to rewrite the screenplay from memory that it would shock people with its awesomeness.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok step by step process

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But how are you going to rewrite Memento or something else from memory and have the credibility so some studio is going to make your movie? You don't think they get tons of interesting screenplays all the time? What's going to make yours standout? Because it was a killer movie in 1999 doesn't mean if some random guy tried to rewrite the screenplay from memory that it would shock people with its awesomeness.

[/ QUOTE ]

no they don't.
And you wouldn't be remaking Memento of all movies.
You be pitching sutff like There's Something About Mary, Wedding Crashers, Liar Liar, all 1 million romantic comedys/horror movies etc. You'd be able to pin point the hot talent before they become expensive. etc etc
Basically you would go from being an intern to a creative exec/producer in the span of a month. If you were betting sports,moneylines etc at the same time with most of your salary and income generated thru pitches...you'd be a millionaire easy after a year
Old 09-11-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok step by step process

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no they don't.
You be pitching sutff like There's Something About Mary, Wedding Crashers, Liar Liar, all 1 million romantic comedys/horror movies etc. You'd be able to pin point the hot talent before they become expensive. etc etc
Basically you would go from being an intern to a creative exec/producer in the span of a month. If you were betting sports,moneylines etc at the same time with most of your salary and income generated thru pitches...you'd be a millionaire easy after a year

[/ QUOTE ]

Either this is an attempted level or you aren't thinking this through.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok step by step process

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not writing any scripts. That can be left to screenwriters
Old 09-11-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok step by step process

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not writing any scripts. That can be left to screenwriters

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I got this great idea ... these 2 guys go around crashing weddings ... one falls in love with a chick ... chaos ensues ... you fill in the rest ... please to be having my million dollars?

(just having fun with you)
Old 09-11-2007, 07:21 PM

You've seen Wedding Crashers/night at the Museum/Something about Mary/etc etc right? More than once?
go grab a pen...you can write out a summary for pretty much every single scene from the entire movie in about 30 minutes unless your have a godawful memory.

Now do the same for the Sixth Sense, Liar Liar, yada yada yada

Randomly start a conversation in the office the next day with one of the executives/agents/managers/producers/etc..talk about your movie...tell it well

guess who is no longer an intern.