Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, we're done here. Your logic is beyond effed so I'm not gonna bother anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't want to see another post that your kid was run over by someone that ran the same stop sign. We're not talking about ten year olds here, we're taking about preschoolers. If you think that its worth the risk for your kids to continue then by all means go for it take the risk, but take full ownership that you're putting them at risk.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again the the main issue here that you're forgeting is that you're putting YOUR kids in danger by allowing them to play in the street given the history of drivers not stopping at the stop sign. Who gives a [censored] about the law???? The first time you saw someone run that stop sign shame on them, the second time shame on you. Does it take one of your kids getting hit by a car to get them in the yard where they belong????

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the kinda guy that tells a chick wearing a revealing outfit that it's her fault she got raped, right?

Do you think before you type/talk? Cause this is some pretty [censored] up logic.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, it's completely logical. what consolation to you will it be that the law was on your side when your kid gets pancaked? what are you going to tell your wife? "well, sorry honey, i know kids drive too fast sometimes, but gosh, the law was on our side amirite?"

cars are supposed to yield to pedestrians crossing the street. nowhere in the law does it say you are supposed to be holding a block party in the road. are you familiar with jaywalking? the law is written the way it is because crossing the street illegally shouldn't mean cars are allowed to run you over. it doesn't mean you're supposed to be there.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Anyone criticizing OP for letting his kids play in the street is retarded. Little kids have played on the low/no traffic streets in their neighborhoods forever. You can't ride a bike on grass.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but you can ride them on sidewalks or in driveways. we're talking about a preschooler here, she's not training for a road race or something.

i played on empty streets too when i was a kid. my parents weren't letting me play in the road as a preschooler though.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't ride a bike on grass? I did this all the time as a kid, and it wasn't on a mountain bike.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would explain all the falls on the head evidenced by your posts in this thread.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can't ride a bike on grass? I did this all the time as a kid, and it wasn't on a mountain bike.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible but it's a pain in the ass. I don't see why it's unreasonable to do it on the road if it doesn't get that much traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to say his kids should have to, or that they shouldn't be allowed to ride in the street, lord knows I did it all the time. However, to say that riding on the grass is impossible, or even hard, is absurd. I did it all the time, especially when delivering papers (unless I was told that the customer didn't like me on their lawn). Riding a bike on grass is ez.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would explain all the falls on the head evidenced by your posts in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You fall more when riding on grass than the street? Wouldn't falling and hitting your head on grass do a lot less damage than hitting concrete? I'm not sure what post I made that had you thinking it was retarded, but get over yourself.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
website of advice that is not even statutory
Be careful around schools, playgrounds and in residential areas where small children may be playing or crossing the street.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, the authorities also tell you to lock your car incase somebody steals it. That makes stealing cars legal, right?

[ QUOTE ]
That guy coulda put a 3/4 year old in the hospital tonight because of his being irresponsible. There is NO excuse for it. NONE.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yet another angry parent. Woop dee [censored] doo. Join a club with other people who share your skewed world view. I think I agree with you more or less but it's hard when you have that aura of wanting the world to suddenly change just because you have spawned some grotty little pups. However I'm sure anyone else with kids will be happy to nod and wag their finger along with you all day.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The kids should be able to play in the Cul de Sac, didn't any of you play in the streets when you were young??? Or are we that advanced into the playstation generation?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking about preschoolers here riding in the middle of the street.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again the the main issue here that you're forgeting is that you're putting YOUR kids in danger by allowing them to play in the street given the history of drivers not stopping at the stop sign. Who gives a [censored] about the law???? The first time you saw someone run that stop sign shame on them, the second time shame on you. Does it take one of your kids getting hit by a car to get them in the yard where they belong????

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the kinda guy that tells a chick wearing a revealing outfit that it's her fault she got raped, right?

Do you think before you type/talk? Cause this is some pretty [censored] up logic.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be like a woman getting all slutted up and then taking a lonely walk into Rapeville. It isn't that anyone deserves it, just that you are stupid if you see people blowing through stop signs and still let your kids play in the street.

Yeah, the pedestrians have the right of way, but try saying that after your head crushed by a car tire. I don't think the law will matter to you then or if you deserved it, you'll just wish you had stayed out of the street.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it would be like a woman getting all slutted up and then taking a lonely walk into Rapeville. It isn't that anyone deserves it, just that you are stupid if you see people blowing through stop signs and still let your kids play in the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not even like that, because no matter what, she's doing something she has a right to do (move freely without being raped). the OP's kid is doing something that is not only not a guaranteed legal right, but in many places, explicitly illegal (playing in the street).

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the pedestrians have the right of way, but try saying that after your head crushed by a car tire. I don't think the law will matter to you then or if you deserved it, you'll just wish you had stayed out of the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. who cares about the principle when you are GAMBLING WITH THE LIVES OF KIDS. how can you talk about others not understanding the concerns of a parent when you are putting your kid at risk and teaching them bad habits by letting them play in the [censored] road? i know when i'm a parent, i'll do the same as my parents did and tell my kid not to [censored] around in the road when they're barely old enough not to crap their [censored] pants.