Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Mickelson > BMW Champ.

[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure Els and Miguel Angel Jimenez were both T2 on Tiger's judgment day at Pebble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and they both putted like blind men that day, too.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:10 AM

You guys do realize that Sooner means Oklahoma? And that people from there are generally morons?
Old 09-06-2007, 01:44 AM

I love the golf forum, lolz.

I meant I "couldn't" care less, obv. My bda.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:36 AM

People should stop detracting from Phil simply because they are Tiger fans. He played a great golf tournament this week and is 1st and T7 in the two Fedex events. It is unlikely that his previous record at Cog Hill would deter him from playing, as even a marginal finish would help in the Fedex Cup points race, which as bad as it may be, will almost certainly go down to the back 9 on Sunday.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:37 AM

I pretty much get rock hard any time the chance to bash Phil comes up, but 1- BSF is acting like clownshoes 2- this isn't really a good reason to bash Phil. I actually respect his gangsta for this one.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 PM

I wonder if the real reason he skipped is because if he wins the whole Cup, he doesn't want people to be able to say "You only won because Tiger skipped an event". This way, they've played in the same number of events.

I know that lots of top pros don't often play four weeks in a row, but if Tiger had played in all of them, would Phil still have skipped this week? I would guess not.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:37 PM

Word is that Phil's beef is that he has to play the Pro-Am on Wed and he was complaining that he doesn't have enough time off. Of course he made this announcement from a corporate tournament that he was payed to play in on Tuesday. (Hmm, didn't he miss a Pro-am once before because of something like this?)

Basically Phil wants special treatment and because the commissioner told him that he has to play the Pro-am like everyone else he took his ball and went home. Cry me a [censored] river Phil.

Typical Phil though, pretends to be a man of the people and the blue collar guy with a dopey smile when the cameras are on, but bitches and moans like a spoiled prima dona behind the scenes. I got no respect for two-faced asshats like him. Give me Sabatini any day, at least we know he's an [censored] and he acts like one.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:55 PM

He has a fair point when it comes to the Pro-Am. He completed a tournament in Boston in the late evening on Monday, and has to be in Chicago to begin 5 days worth of playing on Wednesday morning. If you think this is incredibly easy just because he has money, please reference this thread next time one of you has a three-day argument with your wife over how long it's taking you to rehinge the front door. Travel in small amounts of time tires anyone, Phil is not exempt from this.

Also, something that hasn't been mentioned is that there is a pretty good chance someone other than Phil or tiger will win by a close margin. This player will then be unfairly subjected to questions/lines of thinking that they wouldn't have won had the big two (or Choi) played all four events. Another blow to the tour for certain.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:34 PM

Again I will point out that he made his announcement that he would not be playing in the BMW from a corporate tournament that he was playing at on Tuesday.

If the travel is sooo tough and he needs the time off then why is he playing the day after somewhere else?? He apparently could make that pro-am.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:06 PM

So he asked for Wednesday off. Good for him to do it. Good for Finchem to turn him down. They both played poker, and the result is reasonable for both. (Assuming that story is accurate.)

Nothing wrong with him making his own commitments and getting a little scratch on the side. Just as another example. Late last year a well known player, names rhymes with Liger, begged out of a Tour event due to fatigue then went to Asia and lined his pockets well in appearance fees.

These are independent contractors and how they manage their fatigue so they can perform at the highest level and for their ultimate benefit is pretty much their own business.

Also, I think there is very little that "hurts" the "Fedex cup" if it keeps the "Fedex cup" in the news-- so long as people repeat the words "Fedex". And if no one is satisfied at the end of the year, "Fedex" will likely be ecstatic about unveiling a new and improved "Fedex" cup.