Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Leveling in ATF and Beginner\'s forums

wow i always thought that rdh's avatar was pele. i guess i was way off on that one.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 AM

I've also gotten PMs asking if I'm Richard Roundtree.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:41 PM

lionel - At first I thought it might be Pele too.
Then I saw that it clearly wasn't and I've just been content to live in the world of "Who the F is that guy?" and pretty much be done with it.

metsandfins and everyone else - I actually agree with the original sentiment to a certain extent.
But I don't think there was leveling going on in the 'sidebar expanding' thread.
I made a joke and a couple others made jokes too. Didn't know the answer and saw an opportunity for a crappy joke that nobody would be leveled by certainly.

Couple others have said they experienced the same sidebar issues. Don't know if that was leveling or not.

In other words: I don't think that saying, "that's what she said" or "It was Bears!!!" technically qualifies as a level since nobody could realistically misinterpret such responses as being actual answers.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 PM

Heh thanks for the links, Stevie G. What's funny is that one site lists him at Earl Henry while calling him Henry Earl? The peril of having two first names I guess.

Now that this mystery is behind me, I can move on to finding out about Alobar and Aloysius' usernames, because I have no idea and they won't tell me.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that this mystery is behind me, I can move on to finding out about Alobar and Aloysius' usernames, because I have no idea and they won't tell me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you don't know? Oh, dude ......
Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't do POG

[/ QUOTE ]

We have enough mods, so I don't see that changing anytime soon.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 02:32 PM

haha, I was just thinking after once again reading a "level?" post that is the one thing I really can't stand about these forums. I'm sure I don't understand it entirely but it appears to be nothing more than either another term for "are you being sarcastic" which I guess means either the person posting sucks at sarcasm or you (the person making the level post) suck at understanding sarcasm either way just say, hey you suck at sarcasm or be quiet about not getting sarcasm. Or its just a lazy and unoriginal way to say you disagree with a post, or think its dumb. Again just post that instead of using the same god damned punchline again and again at least in the sports forum please.

[ QUOTE ]

I love leveling as much as the next guy

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does that mean? Do you even know or are you just to scared to go against the popular the trend and flat out say it sucks? If the next guy is me I assure you I do not love leveling.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, I was just thinking after once again reading a "level?" post that is the one thing I really can't stand about these forums. I'm sure I don't understand it entirely but it appears to be nothing more than either another term for "are you being sarcastic" which I guess means either the person posting sucks at sarcasm or you (the person making the level post) suck at understanding sarcasm either way just say, hey you suck at sarcasm or be quiet about not getting sarcasm. Or its just a lazy and unoriginal way to say you disagree with a post, or think its dumb. Again just post that instead of using the same god damned punchline again and again at least in the sports forum please.

[ QUOTE ]

I love leveling as much as the next guy

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF does that mean? Do you even know or are you just to scared to go against the popular the trend and flat out say it sucks? If the next guy is me I assure you I do not love leveling.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's appropriate in BBV4life, maybe in OOT. sometimes it's okay in POG. It sucks in ATF, Beginers, and strategy forums where people are looking for a legitimate answer
Old 09-03-2007, 02:42 PM

You know it just occurred to me we are discussing two different things. You are against the actual posts which "level" ie mislead or are smart assed where as I am against the post which literally say thing like "level??" or "LOLevel" and so on.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also this whole concept of 'leveling' is really stupid and annoying

[/ QUOTE ]
No [censored], this is far and away my most hated 2+2ism. Why did we need to invent a whole series of words that just mean "deadpan sarcasm"