Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: The Effect An Avatar Has

I don't even remember my old avatars
Old 09-02-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. I am predisposed to like anyone with a cat avatar that doesn't involve the cat getting injured in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think most of you are overthinking this. I rarely look at avatars, unless it's moving, in which case I have to look. I agree on the Emma Watson comment though, and prefer that regulars (especially in the strat forum) don't change their avatar.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:33 PM

Not so much on this forum but on the wine forums where I hang out the avatar is an integral part of my identity and I've been using it for something close to five years now. More than one real-life introduction has gone like this:

"This is so and so from the Parker board"
"Pleased to meet you" (politely and with complete non-recognition...)
"He's the flying pigs guy"
"Oh, yeah, I know who you are - hi!"

I like it, I haven't seen anyone else using it and I don't think it'll be changing anytime soon.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is, I kind of agree with bisonbison on this, but I still change my avatar. It's like dying my hair. Occasionally I feel like a change, but I always return to home base (natural color).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a great description, "like dying my hair". That's sort of how I feel too. I like changing it up. Btw, I really like your avatar, VR. It's you!

I try not to judge people by their avatars. I've seen a lot of really stupid ones over the years, my own included. In my mind you can't put any meaning to them other than maybe that the poster is a goofball with a wacky sense of humor. I don't particularly like Conspire's avatar (sorry Conspire [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), but I enjoy his posts so I'm very happy to see him in the Lounge.

One avatar I really don't like is the one used by 4drugmoney. It's going to get me in trouble at work! But I don't think any of these avatars reflect a poster's intelligence or posting ability at all. The only thing I might think is - wow this guy must really have sex on his mind.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:16 PM

I used to love Diebitter's old avatar. I wish he would go back to it. It was a dancing spider man. Does anyone remember it? I thought it was hilarious when paired with his funny comments. Ah good times. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

edited to say: I miss it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] sniff
Old 09-02-2007, 05:23 PM

lol, you remember that? Yeah, it was cool, but lots of people hated it. Do you remember this one?

Old 09-02-2007, 05:26 PM

Katy because of your name and your avatar I always think of u as the celebrity (married with children is awesome). Its ok that u dont like my avatar since u are a woman, but if I changed it, many many more people would be sad. Statistically I must keep it.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:26 PM

Lol. Yes I remember that one! I kind of think of you as zany like that guy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I like to picture you doing that at your office in front of your coworkers.

But who hated spider man [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] It was so perfect.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:28 PM

mkay, for you Peg, here it is:

I wish there was a dancing Leela.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:31 PM

Awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The fact that people hated it is hilarious. They obviously had no taste.