Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Congratulations WPEX on dumbest improvement ever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
please allow HUDs. i do not use them, but many players who think that they play well do. i want these guys to come to wpx.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. And this point is always lost on the anti-HUDers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait....wait....are you really trying to say that the average person who refuses to play without a HUD coming to your site with a HUD actually helps your games???? This may be the most retarded thing I have ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are clearly not very bright, so let me help you out. games with HUD-using players >>>> no games.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please allow HUDs. i do not use them, but many players who think that they play well do. i want these guys to come to wpx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you are talking about. Noone has forbidden them.
wsex has just given players who dont like these trackerprograms an option to play without.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you are talking about. Noone has forbidden them.
wsex has just given the three players who dont like these trackerprograms an option to play without.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-01-2007, 10:00 PM

They are either out of their minds or something is not right. I stopped playing there a long time ago.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:19 PM

We can debate HHs and HUDs forever, but splitting the already meager player base like this is so far beyond stupid that it stretches the imagination as to how otherwise rational business people could possibly come up with it.

I had already pretty much given up on Wpex, but tried to play a little every week just to keep my account open while hoping they found some players and fixed the horrible software, but this will probably be the final nail.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As a side affect i would bet that the avg pot in your non hhs rooms will be larger then in your hhs rooms

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting hypothesis. I would be interested to see evidence to back it.
(not doubting it's possibility, just looking for confirmation of it)
Old 09-02-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As a side affect i would bet that the avg pot in your non hhs rooms will be larger then in your hhs rooms

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting hypothesis. I would be interested to see evidence to back it.

[/ QUOTE ]

All you need to do is compare the poker rooms that allow huds vs the rooms that don't.The avg players per flop are higher and the avg pots are always higher in the non hud sites.

I think the same thing would would happen in the hh rooms vs the non hh rooms.It might not show up at wpex because of the limited number of tables.But if this were done at a larger site i believe it would be more evident.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So something that makes marginal losers into marginal winners should be eliminated? So we should eliminate all poker books? They've done more damage to online poker than anything. Should the sites automatically ban anyone with positive earnings? Oh, and we need to shut down 2+2 and other poker forums as well. All the learning that's gone on here has surely affected the quality of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem with huds is that they take advantaged of unknowing players.Even the fishiest of fish know that there are poker books and forms about poker.But not many no about huds and the other programs that are tracking there every move to me this is unfair.

In fact by wpex making this move to inform all the players of these programs this is the only site i would feel comfortable using these programs.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with huds is that they take advantaged of unknowing players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that the term "unknowing player" applies anymore, especially on a site where players are aware of the rake.

Anyways, instead of offering two different conditions which may people confront with a decision problem (Buridan's ass), WPEX should just offer the same game that every other site offers on the market with just a much lower rake.

In order to win a competition you need to offer something better and not something different, so your customers don't get confused.

Last but not least, they need to advertise their changes. People who have given up on WPEX must be informed that it is time to return.

My overall point is that the established online sites are robbing their customers making $30 or more profit each month for basically doing nothing. That's the hourly rate of a bankrobber, but not of a serious business. Bringing down the rake to a reasonable amount still guarantees profit, but in a more down-to-earth style that treats the customers with respect.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All you need to do is compare the poker rooms that allow huds vs the rooms that don't.The avg players per flop are higher and the avg pots are always higher in the non hud sites.

I think the same thing would would happen in the hh rooms vs the non hh rooms.It might not show up at wpex because of the limited number of tables.But if this were done at a larger site i believe it would be more evident.

[/ QUOTE ]

we could perhaps analyse hand histories to compare the different environments?

oh, wait....