Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

beat the game at a little under 17 hrs. playing it under hypermode.

mii bobble head rules. oh yeah i got 100% in this game b/c of the super metroid style.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:24 PM

Oh yeah. The Mii bobblehead is easily the best bonus. I took the screenshot tool first, but I never use it. Any time I would want to take a screenshot, I'm in the middle of a firefight and thinking more about kicking ass and dodging bullets than taking pictures. The bobblehead is really funny, though. I usually though that having to press A an extra time to push some button in the environment with your finger was a little gimmicky, but it's much more satisfying to actually have your finger there to jiggle the bobblehead.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:08 PM

I have some questions for people about some of the later game weapons, specifically those earned after beating Bryyo and Elysia. I've put it in white out of courtesy for people who want their rewards to be a surprise.

<font color="white">For those of you who've made it that far, do you guys use the hyperball or hypermissiles in combat much, i.e., outside of the obstacles you need to use them to destroy? I haven't really employed either, and I'm not sure if it's because they're mostly useless in combat or if it's because I'm foolish for not maximizing their potential. Also, does anyone have a good sense of the damage output per unit of phazon for these? Do I get a better bang for my buck with a hypermissile compared to the regular hyperbeam, or is it roughly constant for all the attacks?</font>
Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM

If you rally pay attention, you will notice it bobbles by itself a little bit when you travel.

i just found out you can use your ship in combat as well (not just for blowing and dropping things up) which tbh blew my mind. I just thought those missile expansions for the ship i was getting was just for no reason (or for later use).

BTW i also discovered the side game in the beginning, you can try to juggle (keep shooting) this like little metal pillar, and the game keeps score for you. I think my high is only 33 and i got a token (forgot which kind) at 10 and 20.

I think the charged up HM shot is a bit of a waste. I do like HM missile and use it frequently when you can actually damage the enemy and not just break its armor and start damagaing.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:08 AM

This game is amazing.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:07 AM

Whew. I finally beat it for the first time. 20:47 on veteran, 100% of items found. I'm kinda slow since I scan everything, I want to find everything, and I've never played a Metroid Prime game before. I'm not the hardest of hardcore gamers, but I thought that the difficulty was just right. Most bosses, and most of the "endless pirate hordes until you accomplish something" battles, took me a couple tries. I think the hardest battles were some of the early ones on Bryyo. These are before you have many energy tanks, so there's not a whole lot of room for error. A lot of this, though, is that I didn't have a good sense of when I should be shooting the boss, when I should be dodging, and when I should be shooting something the boss is shooting at me, at least not at first.

I did enjoy the last battle. It took me quite a few tries in order to beat it.

Shadowrun,

I did find two good uses for the charged up hypermode shot, in white: <font color="white">In the battle against Dark Samus, the charged up shot is really strong in a couple places. One, when Dark Samus is shooting the white blobs at you, espeicially when there are three copies of her up in the air raining shots down on you. The continuous beam seems to take them out much more easily than regular shots. Bonus: as you're charging it up, you suck in the health that's given off by the shots you destroyed. You are then ready to easily destroy the next volley, then suck up the health, and iterate until Dark Samus changes plans. The other point when the charge beam is solid is again when their are 3 copies of Dark Samus, and they're doing the twirly "keep your eye on the cup with the ball under it" thing. It's almost impossible to hit her with anything except the charged up beam in that phase.</font>

I found that I was less impressed with the hyper missiles. They do seem to have a somewhat better damage output in terms of damage/second in the case that it takes more than one missile to get the job done, but only if I hit every time. It seems like, since they don't home in like regular missiles, I end up missing too much, and I'm often better off just pounding A as fast as I can, since being off target for a split second doesn't cost me as much.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:40 PM

Anybody else have a decreased range with their wiiremote playing this game? I can play any other Wii game (Sports, Tiger07, RE4, Cars) from my couch but I have to get about 2 or 3 feet from the sensor bar with Metroid 3. I changed the batteries thinking it would make a difference, but it didnt.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else have a decreased range with their wiiremote playing this game? I can play any other Wii game (Sports, Tiger07, RE4, Cars) from my couch but I have to get about 2 or 3 feet from the sensor bar with Metroid 3. I changed the batteries thinking it would make a difference, but it didnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

sports doesnt use IR IIRC. wii's sensor bar sucks ass.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 AM

Just finished it, the game itself is as good as the first Metroid Prime, add in the Wii controls and it's pretty much the greatest game I've ever played.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump. Is there anyone else out there who would like to swap friend vouchers? Otherwise, I guess I should just swap all the ones I have with Warsaw so that I can unlock some of the other extras.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got 8 vouchers to trade. If somebody wants to trade, pm me and we'll set it up.