Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ladyboy?
No 10 7.14%
Yes 130 92.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Who is most recognizable worldwide?

[ QUOTE ]
George W.
Michael Jordan
David Beckham
Tiger
McCartney
Pope

I think Tiger and Beckham are really close here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the best guess so far. FWIW, I don't know who paul mcartney is, and i'm pretty damn sure many others around the world don't. I would put him last.

The thing with jordan is, even those who don't watch b-ball or sports around the world will see a black man that looks like an athlete and immediately say "Michael Jordan??" cause that is probably the only black athlete they have ever heard of.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
George W.
Michael Jordan
David Beckham
Tiger
McCartney
Pope

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the best guess so far. FWIW, I don't know who paul mcartney is, and i'm pretty damn sure many others around the world don't. I would put him last.

The thing with jordan is, even those who don't watch b-ball or sports around the world will see a black man that looks like an athlete and immediately say "Michael Jordan??" cause that is probably the only black athlete they have ever heard of.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no no. Don't you think in some parts of the world they know more black athletes than Jordan?

If you removed the US from the equation I'm pretty sure Jordan would be at the bottom of the list, I really don't think his fame travels at all.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 PM

1. Bush
-
-
2. Beckham
-
3. Jordan
-
-
-
4.Tiger
-
-
-
5.McCartney
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
6. Pope

Basketball isnt squat compared to soccer on a worldwide scale so becks gotta be more recognizable than the fading 90s American sports player.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Michael Schumacher - Everywhere else except US knows him

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna be honest and say I had no clue who this was (before googling obv).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol same..
Old 08-28-2007, 09:04 PM

I honestly didnt know who micheal jordan was until i googled his name...same goes for tiger johnson...am i cool?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:17 PM

This thread sucks. I wish I could find the data. It wasn't that long ago that Jordan was waaaayyy up on this list.

Endorsements, endorsements, endorsements. There's a difference between being famous because you're an athlete and being famous because corporations are spending multiple percentage points of their revenue to put your face everywhere.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
George W.
Michael Jordan
David Beckham
Tiger
McCartney
Pope

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no no. Don't you think in some parts of the world they know more black athletes than Jordan?

If you removed the US from the equation I'm pretty sure Jordan would be at the bottom of the list, I really don't think his fame travels at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is crazy. I remember years ago seeing someone on ESPN talking about how kids in poor Africa knew who Michael Jordan was and some even had jerseys. People forget this guy was a GLOBAL ICON. He appearance really stands out. 10 years ago he was the most recognizable person in the world. I see no reason how millions would just forget he ever existed.

MJ was much bigger than Beckham is. I had no idea who the hell he was until the movie came out. I'd be shocked if anyone could honestly say they've never heard or seen Michael Jordan. To put him at anything less than 2nd is just not right. To put him less than 3rd is laughable.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:20 PM

Michael Jackson
David Beckham
George Bush

Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan is way down the line just by virtue of market penetration (or lack of) in China and India
Old 08-29-2007, 04:38 PM

george bush my ass...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:30 PM

Given they have to pick these people out of line-ups, I think Beckham is pretty far down the list. Ronaldinho (or however you spell it) would be up there because he has a unique look about him. I've seen 2 soccer games in my life and I could identify him from a silhouette. If I saw Beckam, I'd think he was some random dude.

Jordan and Tiger would be way up the list, with Jordan probably ahead of Tiger. Bush is probably at the top right now because he's destroying the world.

The Pope doesn't stand a chance, and I don't know how far down we'd have to go before we got to Paul McCartney. I figure he's only slightly ahead of the pope. The last pope was far more recognizable.

Who else was there? I guess that's it.