Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Hellmuth 27 Bluff Makes Matusow Fold KK

mcutter are you Hellmuth trying to boost your ego even more?

I'm not a big PH fan but I had "LOL" when Mike tabled those Kings. I would have mucked face down and saved myself the embarrassment until the episode was aired.

****Spoiler Alert**** [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm actually very surprised Mike didnt monkey tilt after that hand. props 2 mikey.

***2nd Spoiler Alert***

(scroll down)

mcutter's posts suck hellmuths facial mole.

heh
Old 08-29-2007, 12:27 PM

I didnt think this thread could be made any more retarded after reading the op. However, all you whiny biatches complaining about your tivoed show being ruined delivered.

Well played.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:45 PM

this hand basically proves to me that high stakes poker isnt 100% what it says it is, whether they're really playing lower stakes or they film a few setup hands that are scripted if nothing interesting happened in a while, i dunno which

apologies if this is common knowledge, its entertainment in the end so i guess i was naive to think it would be real
Old 08-29-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand basically proves to me that high stakes poker isnt 100% what it says it is, whether they're really playing lower stakes or they film a few setup hands that are scripted if nothing interesting happened in a while, i dunno which

apologies if this is common knowledge, its entertainment in the end so i guess i was naive to think it would be real

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this hand proving your, let`s say odd, theory?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:24 PM

well just imagine the perfect scenario after esfandiari mentions the 72 game, its that matusow and hellmuth would get involved and one would push the other off a 'big' hand with 72. stuff like that brings out the pessimist in me and i certainly think that being involved in hsp is big enough that all these players would always maintain that it is 100% real, especially if they have to sign all sorts of things beforehand, so they could get away with it.

obviously proving something to myself isnt concrete proof, and im not claiming that it is 100% staged, just that it is certainly a possibility that parts of the poker is, or that its not quite what they say it is, especially as most other factual tv programs are at least semi-scripted

its entertainment in the end, and last year people complained it wasnt that good i think? staged interesting poker is far better to watch than real boring poker tbh, so i dont fault them for it, just certainly think its possible
Old 08-29-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well just imagine the perfect scenario after esfandiari mentions the 72 game, its that matusow and hellmuth would get involved and one would push the other off a 'big' hand with 72. stuff like that brings out the pessimist in me and i certainly think that being involved in hsp is big enough that all these players would always maintain that it is 100% real, especially if they have to sign all sorts of things beforehand, so they could get away with it.

obviously proving something to myself isnt concrete proof, and im not claiming that it is 100% staged, just that it is certainly a possibility that parts of the poker is, or that its not quite what they say it is, especially as most other factual tv programs are at least semi-scripted

its entertainment in the end, and last year people complained it wasnt that good i think? staged interesting poker is far better to watch than real boring poker tbh, so i dont fault them for it, just certainly think its possible

[/ QUOTE ]
What would be the upside to all of these players working together to stage a show? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me...
Old 08-29-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how long are posts supposed to wait then? a day, two days, a week? no. it's been made clear on here that anything that has aired is fair game.

what if this thread was titled "wow what a sick hand" and you clicked on it and it described the hand? would that still be a spoiler after it aired?

bottom line - stay out of the tv forum if you don't want to know any results about stuff that millions of other people have already seen on tv and want to discuss. you're wrong, i'm right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this makes sense. I waited until after HSP had aired on the West Coast and then I posted. This was an interesting hand, one that people would like to discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

but would it be that hard to title it "HSP: Hellmuth/Matusow hand", you goddamn retard?

p.s. i'd already watched it before seeing the thread title and i still think you're an idiot
Old 08-29-2007, 09:48 PM

they get to be shown on tv as the players that play the biggest poker game in the world? with tournaments increasing in size and more people becoming known as poker pros, tv time is harder to come by, decent hourly wage plus exposure means if some tv executive comes forward with this idea, why wouldnt you jump at the chance?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they get to be shown on tv as the players that play the biggest poker game in the world? with tournaments increasing in size and more people becoming known as poker pros, tv time is harder to come by, decent hourly wage plus exposure means if some tv executive comes forward with this idea, why wouldnt you jump at the chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG!!!! HSP is rigged!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If you're trying to level us, you're doing a great job, but I really think you are serious. There is 0.000% chance that this is scripted. Not only isn't it logical, but these guys are not actors, and it would come off so much more awkward.