Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Internet Dating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if a woman pulls out her money to pay before you do, then chances are really good that there's no interest. If she offers* after you pull your wallet out, then she doesn't really want to pay and will go out w/ you again. If she insists* on splitting, then you're at 50-50, but there'll be no sex. If you don't want to pay for her, then say something like: "well, I guess I'll get this". If she ignores the subtlety, then she's after your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the scenario where she wants to sex you?

[/ QUOTE ]

She says "I will pay for this. You pay for the hotel"
Old 08-23-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many of them are married and only want to [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you looking for married women in your searches, or are these women claiming to be single but are really married?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Many of them are married and only want to [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you looking for married women in your searches?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um.....They don't typically list that in their profile. Am I being leveled here?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um.....They don't typically list that in their profile. Am I being leveled here?

[/ QUOTE ]
What I'm asking is whether these women are claiming to be single when they're not. I didn't know they don't list that type of stuff as I have never used online dating services before.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:56 PM

i would not take dating advice from gobbomom (no offense)
Old 08-24-2007, 12:15 AM

My hunch is that even asking "am I supposed to pay?" means that your game probably isn't that great.
These are the things that shouldn't be worried about so much.
Go out, have a fun time, pick up the tab, if she wants to pay then whatever....she can pay.

The ones who are the most militant and least flexible about this stuff and can't just roll with it are the ones who practically seem like they are out to sabotage their own date and/or their chances of getting laid.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My hunch is that even asking "am I supposed to pay?" means that your game probably isn't that great.
These are the things that shouldn't be worried about so much.
Go out, have a fun time, pick up the tab, if she wants to pay then whatever....she can pay.

The ones who are the most militant and least flexible about this stuff and can't just roll with it are the ones who practically seem like they are out to sabotage their own date and/or their chances of getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not going to get any arguements from me [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 AM

pick it up w/o saying anything, then judge her reaction
Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pick it up w/o saying anything, then judge her reaction

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't dated in 15 yrs so not sure if it's bad ettiquette to pay with Neteller card? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 12:44 AM

In my experience, her willingness to pay has no correlation to her willingness to see me again/sleep with me.

Before you shell out coin for a pay site, consider a free site first. OkCupid is really well designed, but the userbase is small. Plentyoffish has tons of people on it, but a lot of them suck, and the site is total garbage. OkC is like Facebook (back when 6 or 7 colleges were on it), PoF is like MySpace.

Also, when/if you pay, don't sign up for 6 months at a time, like my dumb ass did. After two months, you will get REALLY burned out.

But yeah, if you have any game at all, you can pull all the 5-7 grade you can handle. There are no 10s online, though. They have plenty of success in real life, as a product of being a 10, ldo.

I'm 24, so YMMV at a higher age-limit. I imagine the clocks are ticking faster, and you'll have more cheaters.

The meeting for coffee/drinks is CRITICAL, unless, you know, the conversation is so good it doesn't matter how she looks, you'll still be friendly with her.

Also, be honest. Be brutally honest. If she's ugly, tell her. If you don't want to do this again, tell her. You just met her, what have you lost?