Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Who are you? Personal / Poker background

living in Boston
relationship: almost 7 years and going strong with a fantastic girl who is a second year Harvard med student (she's flipping brilliant)
job: structural engineer for a major firm (it is effing miserable)
education: undergrad and masters at Duke
interesting things: I played division I college baseball at Duke in the ACC for 4 years. I have pitched and struck out a bunch of current pros including several major leaguers. I am considering trying out to play independent minor league ball this spring. Fastball tops out at 91, throw a splitty, and used to have a ridiculous slider before I had a Rick Ankiel-like senior year.

Poker stuff: I got the free $100 on Party and started playing in the summer of 2005. Previously I had played UB play money, and cleaned up our college home game for 12 months because I read super system and Cloutier so I was a genius LDO. I ran my bankroll on party up to $500 and down to $100 several times playing NL25. Finally December 2005 said screw it and started playing limit. I've never looked back.

When party closed up show last october I had grinded that free $100 into about $1k (was over 1.2k before a devastating shot at 2/4). Moved all of my roll to FTP, and decided to make my first (and only) deposit at AP. Since then I have been grinding FTP for the last 10 months and have gotten my 1K into about 5 times that via winning (until I got to 5/10) RB and bonuses. Grinded my AP roll up to about 4.5K from the initial $750 deposit, but I don't play on there a lot anymore.

Currently spending most of my time at 5/10 6max tables. I tend to donate at HUHU, but it is like crack and I keep going back. Hoping to take shots at 10/20 by October. Considering quitting my job and playing poker professionally so that I can spend the winter training hard for baseball in order to have a shot at playing pro ball next spring.

also plan on hiking the appalachain trail before I get too old to do it.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don´t know if you were fishing for this but I can tell you that 99% of your posts are good.
The only post you made that sucked was the one critizing me for posting too many posts in a row.
I also think that your avatar sucks and that Ireland showed why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the kind words and no I weren't fishing. BTW I don't remember the post you're referring to.

The guy in my avatar wasn't in that game, but yeah they suck atm. However I'd still rather watch them lose every game for the rest of my life playing the way they do than watch your 2 meter blond haired clones play kick and rush and win. Worst thing that ever happened to Danish football was importing a [censored] of Swedish coaches who all want to play "disciplined" - BORING!!! Oh yeah and a couple of losses for the national team are pretty meh, when my favourite club - Brøndby are in the state they're in. Time for an avatar change, any suggestions are welcome.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mvoss, you post good obv. you just wanted to hear me say that though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you're ugly these days... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I´m 39 years old and from Sweden.
Have 4 kids with two different females and lives in a house.

[/ QUOTE ]
...dude I always admire Heise' posts.
but living with to blond swedish supermodels in a house.. you really are my hero! you must be a longterm winner in life.
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
but living with to blond swedish supermodels in a house.. you really are my hero! you must be a longterm winner in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apanage = Swede implies Apanage = long term looser in life by definition. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apanage = Swede implies Apanage = long term looser in life by definition. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oink, remember timo is German... I fully agree though [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Edit: Oink LOL at that title, whoever gave you that has never seen you play obv. mr UBERLAG.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:07 AM

Name: Pete
35 years old.
Married with one baby daughter (amazing how much they change your life, as already stated, for the better.)
Live in Scotland though a Sassenach. Big talks in our house about moving to Germany for a bunch of reasons, most of which make a lot of sense though I can speak about three sentences in German.

Like everyone else on here I have a technical background, BSc Astrophysics and MSc Computer Science. Didn't want to be a lecturer so went the programming route. After more than ten years I hate it. I also have an irrational hatred (not too strong a word) of bosses, I just don't like having a boss, or being told what to do. Currently spending a lot of time working out what the hell I want to do and how to do it having spent all those years getting the family and mortgage.

Got into poker much like everyone else, the big boom a few years back. Caught a late night WSOP or WPT series and was hooked. Deposited a few dollars here and there, played the micro stakes and thought I knew it all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Read some books, didn't think I really needed to know it though and played on. Probably lost $1-200 and then started to learn a bit. Have bounced around all the sites, done the bonuses, tried (and failed at) NL, and gradually moved up the limits with avery slowly increasing bankroll. I've messed about with my PT databases so much that I have no idea how many hands I've really played, or what my winrate over the last few years is. What I am sure though, is that, without rakeback, I'm a losing player [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. My plans for world-domination of the poker scene aren't about to be realised soon. No chance of seeking the freedom of the poker-pro life [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Despite all this, I'm doing my damnedest to get fired by always having a poker table open in the background.

Btw. If anyone here plays on iPoker 5/10 and would like to tell me why I suck so much I'll happily pm them my screen-name for some feedback. Alternatively, any good, recommeded coaches?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:19 AM

Actually got to pick my own title because I won an event in the KTOPS.

After 2 months of thinking I came up with that original title because I cant play 50 hands at party without some german clone berating me for my terrible flop peel.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:03 AM

20 year old slacker. Poker is all I do, but I'm lucky if I get 15k hands in a month.

Started in January 05, deposited $60 on pacific and played .5/.10. Bonus whored abit and eventually worked my way up to 2/4. I was too raise or foldy, but moved to 1/2 6 max and started posting in HUSH/SSSH, and thanks to people like ILovePoker and spydog, I learned to love the call button. Now I play 5/10 and 10/20 mostly, and am out of beer, and LA has a stupid law past 2AM where you can't buy any. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Started in the 20/40 at paradise back then ha-haha-haha, discovered 2+2 books and worked my way down to 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just brilliant.