Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: YEREKEEO
Your erection: reason everyone keeps ejaculating (elephantitis, obviously) 4 44.44%
yankees,especially rodriguez = egocenntric [killrallying envious egotistacal overated] 1 11.11%
Young Elvis ruled... eventually kept eating... enter obesity. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Official Supernova Elite Thread

I think 500k VPP should be 4.5x multiplier.

3.5x at 100k -> 5.5x at 1mil is too big a jump imo.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-----------As a side note, there's not much incentive to do anything past 500,000 if you know you don't have a shot at SNE. In fact, you actually lose value for doing so.

---------Is this going to be addressed before next year Scottyy?

What do you think we should change? Replace the 750k milestone with a 650k and 900k? We have a big reward for reaching 500k since this would be possible for a larger range of players.

------How many elites are there? how many do you think there will be by the end of the year?

We have 2 as of today. My guess for the year would be a little over 20.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Scotty

kudos to stars for everything. 637,000 so far, I'm confident of making SNE this year.

The reward structure seems very well structured but I won't complain if you add more.

chez
Old 08-21-2007, 12:11 AM

I'd be in favor of getting rid of the freerolls if it means extra incentives.

I miss most of them and the ones I do play are essentially 0EV for me or maybe even -EV if you consider I'm not playing my normal games. I suck at donkaments.

PS. thanks for the great prgram so far. I play at stars 100%
Old 08-21-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I miss most of them and the ones I do play are essentially 0EV for me or maybe even -EV if you consider I'm not playing my normal games. I suck at donkaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreed
Old 08-21-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

300% agreed.

Should we start a new thread and post a survey question as to how many supernovas would be in favor of getting rid of the free rolls and adding value to the Elite chase
Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 AM

400% agreed
Old 08-21-2007, 04:41 AM

I am against removing the freeroll because then you remove value for sn that will not make it past the 500k(unless ofcourse they offer something different for the 100-500 range)..I am still for a 4* mulitplier at 500 and the milestones suggested by pokerboy and mb, giving an incentive to people to get to sne as well as people who can not make the sne status, but will still have an incentive to reach that 500k mark, especially at the begining of the following year as it has to be done from jan-jun(where hopefully then these players can try and go for sne if they manage to get to 500k by june.

and scotty: i remember asking you(3-4 months ago) whether there will be any adjustments to the sn status if ps doesnt find a way around the anti-gmabling legislation(if there are problems), and you said the only and most likely adjustment would be the prize money for the freeroll to reflect the fact that most likely there would be less sn hence a smaller prize.
Snce the billionth promo(great promo) you said you had around 150 more sn and i guess at present there are even more, but the prize for the freeroll has not increased as opposed to decreasing if there were less sn. around 500 players were enrolling around march but now it looks that at least 750 play that each week...will you be increasing that in the near future?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 AM

-----will you be increasing that in the near future?

No, the $50,000 event was planned to remain a $50,000 event for the whole year. This is meant as a fun extra for our largest players. I think the original forecast was for an average of 1000 players per event.

Scotty
Old 08-21-2007, 05:38 AM

Any chance of a Supernova Elite freeroll for next year?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-----will you be increasing that in the near future?

No, the $50,000 event was planned to remain a $50,000 event for the whole year. This is meant as a fun extra for our largest players. I think the original forecast was for an average of 1000 players per event.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a fun extra for me.
I really dislike them and consider them close to a waste of my time. But I pretty much play them every week.
I arrange my Saturday to be there.
Even if I cash in it for $90 or more I still feel somewhat annoyed that I was 'obligated' to have to sit there and play that tourney just to maximize my SN value.

V$ to give me the flexibility to play the tourney when I want to would be really nice.
Wouldn't even have to be all the different guaranteed tourneys. Just give me the option of using it in the Sunday-million or one of the 2nd chance tourneys.
Or throw in a couple other ones on the schedule.

Or give me the option to unregister for the tourney and take FPP's instead....even if at a reduced rate.
Many SN's would obviously choose to do this. Which says something about how much they truly would rather not play them if they had ANY other option.

I would still play the Saturday freeroll when I felt like playing in a tourney and perhaps to maximize my EV. But I wouldn't feel like I needed to rearrange my weekend just to play one silly $65-value tourney every Saturday.