Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: things that you\'re unnecessarily ocd about

[ QUOTE ]
Rugs, floormats, welcome mats or any other type of non-permanent floor-covering that is askew.

I need my rugs and mats perfectly parallel and/or perpendicular to the objects immediately around them (walls, doors, counters etc.).

Big ones, like in fast food restaurants and movie theaters, are sometimes tough to move, but I get the job done one way or another.

Sometimes people stare, but whatev.

[/ QUOTE ]

You move them yet you don't work there? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Another one I just thought of is open cabinets/drawers. Like if I'm walking out the front door of my house to go somewhere, and I think I left one of my dresser drawers or a kitchen cabinet open, I HAVE to go back in to close it.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm anal about the binding of my books. I think it spawned from my love for comic books and how I liked keeping them in good condition. I spaz whenever I see a book binding bent/broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

My little sister does this and it drives everyone else crazy. She wants to be a librarian though so I guess it makes sense.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:17 PM

After reading all this, I feel prettying F-ing normal lol.

Not sure if thats good or bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My mom has a bizarre one she's had since about age 5 and she calls it "counting". Basically she uses the numbers 1 through 8 and each one has a certain 'weight'. The weight is not based on the number itself but rather how many strokes it takes to draw the number. So a 1 weighs one because it's a single stroke. A 2 weighs two, a 3 weighs two, a 4 weighs three, etc. An 8 is one but can be made a two by drawing two circles instead of with a single "figure-eight" stroke (however that is not optimal).

She then "assigns" these numbers (1 through 8) to random things and then based on the weights the object(s) must balance (as if on a fulcrum or something).

So a basic example would be a picture hanging on the wall and she would assign numbers to the corners, then the sides, and then have to envision based on the weights that the picture would still hang correctly and not tilt to one side. A single picture is just a basic example, she can do it to several objects at once in an entire room. It is worth bonus points for her to get to 16 and it is ultimate feng shui for her to get to 32. She designs every room in her house around this concept. If the "count" is wrong she will rearrange the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?? cos that is seriously, no-joke insane

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is bizarre. She's done it her entire life but the weird thing is I had no idea about any of it until a couple years ago (I'm 30). You would never know she has this strange counting thing going on.

One time I was asking her about it trying to figure out how it worked (what are the "rules" of her scheme) and she's telling me how she does it constantly and that she had already "counted" all the furniture behind me several times while we were having the conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The weirdest part about this is that she's so meticulous about the counting but just randomly assigns the numbers to start with. How does she pick the numbers?
Old 08-20-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Using purelle at work. I do this about 15 times a day, and I also wash my hands with soap more than the average person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whore.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:16 PM

I often visualize typing certain sentences on a keyboard in my head.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:12 PM

My mortgage balance. I often check my bank account daily, even thouhh I am 99% sure of every total. (Sometimes multiple times in a day)
Old 08-20-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thermostat/stereo volume have to be on even numbers or multiples of 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must suck to not be able to crank your stereo to 11.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm anal about the binding of my books. I think it spawned from my love for comic books and how I liked keeping them in good condition. I spaz whenever I see a book binding bent/broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I don't lend books out, and why I could never buy used books at school. The creases in the binding would make me crazy.