Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
Also, does anyone know a way to put mp3 files on your xbox hard drive? Or is the only way you can get music on your 360 from ripping actualy music cds?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can stream directly from any PCs on your network. Or just plug an iPod or other MP3 player into the USB slots on the front and play off that. Surely there's a way to copy them onto your 360, but I've always just streamed them off my PC to save space on my 360's HDD.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM

Picked it up for the Wii yesterday. Played 1 game and then I had to go to bed. I didn't adjust any settings and won 24-3. Is the default on easy? Whatever I freakin suck at madden always have, but it's still fun as ever. Agree on the turnovers though. I threw 1 INT and had 3 fumbles. Comp threw 3 picks. Can't wait to start my franchise this weekend.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:38 AM

I have the game for the 360, and am pretty impressed so far. I am not nearly the hardcore gamer some of you are, but I think this game is way better than last years (for the 360). I played 3 halfs of a game and dont think the turnovers were unrealistic. I probably threw 3 ints, and all were b/c I didnt set the QBs feet, or threw into double coverage. Also what is up with the anouncer durring the game? That is my biggest compaint so far. Does Madden not do the comentary durring the game anymore(he was bad, but way better than what it is now)? It really is annoying having the generic voiced "PA announcer" style play by play being the only one talking durring the game. Is there a way to change that?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:01 PM

Yeah I run strong flood, they come out man and the whole left side of the field is wide open. I take off with Travaris Jackson. I'm 20 yds. down the field and a safety catches up with me. I stiff arm. And it was a good stiff arm, i pushed him right off me, and kept running. One step later, the ball just falls out of his hand. While running.

A lot of fumbles. The WRs ARE better, my brother said all his picks were off tipped passes.

The R2/L2 "look at your play" is much quicker, more abrupt. I don't like seeing all the strengths when i push that button either. I usually just look at the depth chart to see who is who on their team but w/e.

New interface is kinda meh but i'll get used to it. Looking forward to my 1st fantasy draft.

and wtf, madden does the voice on the PS2 version i think.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:02 PM

He hasn't done comentary in the PS3/360 versions I do believe; I'm not sure about the new PS2/Xbox versions. I guess that's the direction they went in.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He hasn't done comentary in the PS3/360 versions I do believe; I'm not sure about the new PS2/Xbox versions. I guess that's the direction they went in.

[/ QUOTE ]OK, I haven't bought either of the previous 360 versions because they were awful IMO, but had played them at friends. The comentary it terrible in this version.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:52 PM

If you've played the previous versions you should notice that this is almost the exact same commentary. Maybe they improved it slightly but I doubt it.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:26 PM

This game is so complicated. I like football, but dang, all that 4-3 2 deep, get outside linebacker pressure, drop him in the flat, press coverage, does he have a light bulb? I could dedicate my life to this game, I suppose, maybe take some speed pills, cycle it for maximum performance, drill in the lab for 2 days straight every week, and get good, but dang.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK SOMEONE START A 2P2 MADDEN HEADS UP FOR MONEY THREAD,

common gamblors, put your money where your mouth is!!!

we don't have to play for high stakes, like 10 bucks a game or something'll be fun and interesting!

[/ QUOTE ]

LET US GOGOGO!!

Seriously, if I knew how to set this up I would. We could do something like the HSNL HU tourney or whatever. I dunno if there would be as much interest though.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:58 PM

I'd enjoy playing some of you guys on the Wii. I suck so money will be involved, but at least I will know that I am not getting owned by a 9 year old kid [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]