15 18 7.29%
16 39 15.79%
17 54 21.86%
18 51 20.65%
19 47 19.03%
20 22 8.91%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Who will win: Dog or Football team?

I'm blown away that this is 50/50. Someone arrange this so we can get some good prop betting going. I'd take the NFL team for at least 10-1
Old 08-10-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm blown away that this is 50/50. Someone arrange this so we can get some good prop betting going. I'd take the NFL team for at least 10-1

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..you've got action if this ever goes.

Now, when is the dog down? A runner's hand can touch the turf and he's not down. Say a player swipes the back right leg of the dog and it's right hip hits the turf but the other 3 legs are up and his motion has not stopped, is this a tackle? Does the dog have to be totally off his paws/stopped?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, when is the dog down?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to say, with all the gross discussion of snapping legs and breaking necks and awful [censored] like that, I think we'll know when the dog's tackled. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I voted for the team FWIW. It's pretty hard for any single animal to get through a team of guys trained at stopping things from getting through.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:30 AM

There is absolutly no way the football team will be able to catch a dog running full spead at them, assuming that there is like 60 yards difference between them.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutly no way the football team will be able to catch a dog running full spead at them, assuming that there is like 60 yards difference between them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying if you put two professional kick coverage guys 4.7 yards apart the dog can run between them? Because that is the entirety of this question.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:44 AM

48-48

the dog scores > 50% of the time, and I'll take a million dollars on 10-1 for the football team
Old 08-10-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying if you put two professional kick coverage guys 4.7 yards apart the dog can run between them? Because that is the entirety of this question.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean something like this

Although... Rocky Balboa did catch that chicken after some jogging and sit ups.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The dog being able to turn on a [censored] dime at top speed is huge. Humans just can't do that.

My dog is a little 45 pound lab/beagle mix and he would be an UNBELIEVABLE punt returner.

He has all kinds of headfakes and jukes too. One of his favorite games is being chased around the yard, but I can't even put a hand on him when he wants to be elusive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine 1 other person though. Then imagine 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my yard isn't exactly a football field, either. It's a hell of a lot smaller.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:09 AM

Worst OP ever ever ever....

Change the Dog to DOG ........... The Booouuunty Huuuntahhh

I can see commentators voice.

"Dog breaks out to the 20 here comes the defenders.... Oh dog pulls out his tazer and baton and is electrocuting the other team he's at the 30..... oh a nightstick to the ballssss.. he's at the 40 he get's wrappped up oh and tazes 2 more defenders the's at the 50 hes at the 40 hes at the 30... WAIT

Dog turns around and is heading the other way he's at the 40 the 50 ...............he's chasing the KICKER ohhhhh it's the PEPPER SPRAYYY ... IT'S THE PEPPERSPRAY TO ABDULSAHAMAHNAHAL the kickers face.

Now he turns around he's at the 40 the 30 the 20 the 10 TOUCHDOWN dog the bounty hunter increases his lead to 14-0

Dog now does his customary endzone celebration kneels down thanks jesus, thanks god, thanks virgin mary, thanks buddah, thanks shiva and vishnu, thanks the scientologists, the muslims.... (Dog is very relgious)

WAIT here comes the mexican bounty hunter team..... I guess they were not satisfied about the recent ruling that dog does not have to go back to mexico.....

Dog pulles out his pepper spray....

But that's another story da da oda da da da da oda da da da da da da
Old 08-10-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the dog is running full speed TOWARDS THEM they have no chance at catching it