Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

kev,

You eat pieces of [censored] for breakfast?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've still got serious qb issues. I stated in about week 12 that Grossman should've been replaced for the rest of '06. Poor decision making could be overcome relatively quickly, but poor mechanics couldn't be fixed by the playoffs. At the time I wanted to give him until the beginning of this season to work on his mechanics, but I haven't seen anything in the preseason to ease my fears. I hope I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hate this argument. Yes Grossman makes mistakes. His footwork has been much better this preseason. Now and again he is going to try to squeeze a ball into a tight spot. When it goes for a TD you jump up and scream "What a throw!" When it turns into a pick you jump up and yell, "He's killing us bring in Griese!" Understand one simple fact. With Rex Grossman in the line-up it gives the Bears a viable offense that can score. With Brian Griese you have a ball control offense whose goal is to get to 20 points. Yes, the defense is good, but leaving no margin for error is a terrible way to play football. The Bears could "safely" win 10 games this year with Griese and get eliminated in the playoffs. Or they could be Super Bowl contenders again with Grossman.

Grossman is going to have one of the most mentally taxing jobs in the NFL this year. Everyone of his mistakes is going to be blown up. If he mentally loses it Griese has to come in and we're in a spot that most Bears fans are used to. A false sense of well being where the defense is winning games and they feel like they can't be beat, until of course the defense gives up 21 points in the first playoff game and they lose 21-20.

[ QUOTE ]
Hester, I'm sorry to say, is not as good as many are making him out to be. On a team that needed consistency last year, he had 11 (eleven!!!) special teams fumbles. Teams will be better prepared for him this year.

[/ QUOTE ] By better prepared do you mean not kicking him the ball? I think that's an advantage.

So many of those fumbles are muffs as well that just mean he doesn't get a return. He also has another year to adjust and understand that he doesn't need to be jumping over people to get to a punt. I think your right his touchdowns will be down (they pretty much have to be) I think he gets 1 or 2 this whole year. But fear of him will give the Bears great field position. Also I would say his fumbles drop down to 3 or 4.

[ QUOTE ]
I eat pieces of [censored] bigger than that for breakfast.

[/ QUOTE ] You eat pieces of [censored] for breakfast?

Also please let 2-4 weeks be it for Olsen. It didn't look bad, but I don't know where he hurt it. I really liked him in the offense. I just hope he is at 100% at some point this year and for a good part of the year.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:36 AM

Good news looks like Olsen is fine and though he may not play week one he should be a healthy part of the offense for most of the year.

The kids on special teams are scaring the hell out of me.

I'm not a big fan of this match-up this week. With Harris less than 100% rotating in and out the run defense will suffer. I'm thinking there will be once or twice where Brown or Archuletta are caught in run support on a play action.

Benson has been unable to get on track this preseason and it will not be easy to get started against a good Chargers run defense. This will be a great test for the o-line and could pay some big dividends down the road to get some film against a good 3-4 and could really help them against the Cowboys (if they end up being one of the better teams in the NFC).

Grossman is going to be called on to do alot of the offensive work with his arm. If he keeps things under control and is able to keep his reads and three step drops and can pick-up where the blitz is coming from I will be too excited for the rest of the year. What I'm really hoping for is that he gets some good luck when he tries to force some balls and just gets off the field with a punt.

All together San Diego is in the top three or four teams in the AFC. That right now is in the top tier above the good teams in the AFC. Which is where I think the Bears fall. Not in the top tier but in that next tier. This is one of the games I have penciled in as a loss: Chargers 28 Bears 24
Old 09-04-2007, 04:08 PM

I think your score prediction is way too high. I'd say something like 17-13 Chargers.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your score prediction is way too high. I'd say something like 17-13 Chargers.

[/ QUOTE ]You could be right.

I was thinking along the lines of the Chargers will have a defensive regression this year and the offense has a better play caller now and has less of a chance of sitting on a lead in the second half.

And the Bears scored less than 20 points in only five games last year. Whoops, sorry six but like Rex, I don't count the season finale vs. Green Bay.

I like the Bears chances much more if they can keep the Chargers under 20 so I hope your closer than me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 05:25 PM

Oh definitely, the Bears aren't going to win any shootouts anytime soon. Keeping the score low is their only chance to win against the real good teams in the league.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:44 PM

The Bears are my new NFC favorite team & they don't play the Jags so go Bears!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:36 PM

You and I can't possibly share all the same teams TFG. Gators, Jags, Bears... we're running out of sports here.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:36 PM

Bears fans,

Keep an eye out for WR David Ball:
Awesome catch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltfrJejyusI

He's a rookie who just barely missed getting a spot on the roster, but was signed for the practice team and will probably be the first guy called up if a WR gets injured. For those who've never heard of him, he broke Jerry Rice's Div 1AA record for most receiving touchdowns while playing for UNH. I followed his career pretty closely because I have family connections to UNH. He has awesome hands, very good jumping ability, and great field awareness. He made catches like the one in that video every week at UNH. I hope he gets called up and has a chance to prove himself. He's definitely capable of coming down with some of those jump balls that Grossman loves to throw.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:41 PM

McGowan's turnover followed by the LT2 TD pass really hurt.

The Mike Brown injury dosen't sound good. How does this keep happening?

On positive notes, Tommie Harris is back and still fn pwns.

Babich is actually sending an occasional blitzer and its working well. He's also fun to watch on the sidelines, Rivera who?

I love the playcall to bring in Hester and throw a screen the opposite direction. Would've like to see it designed for Peterson not McKie.

Is it just me or is Dusty Dvoracek a real life Steve Lattimer from "The Program." Seems like a matter of time before he gets busted for roids.

The Chiefs looked horrible today against Houston and Josh McCown threw for over 300 yds against the Lions. The upcoming schedule looks good for a rebound.