Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Re: When you think you\'ve seen it all...

[ QUOTE ]
I have before.

Listen, closely, ok? The Poker sites don't have it out to get you. You run the same as everyone else. Unless you have played 300k hands and run at 70/70 for the two, you have no idea what is going on.

You are simply not running worse than other players. You are not very good is the problem. Please learn this because if you do you might improve and get somewhere. Stop whining and learn the game instead

And please stop posting stupid microstakes hands in BBV

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this, and while that happens I am a winner, but I had over 20 hands like JJ all in versus AJ on KK2 flop where I lost today alone. I lose to runner runner full houses as if they were 12 outters. Would you like me to post all my bad beats? I have hundreds from thousands of hands. I succeeded at 100NL for a shortwhile till I realized that the idiots there couldn't handle folding AK. I lost 4 buy ins with at least a pair on the turn where we got it all in. They caught an A or K each time. That ended 100NL. You can't run bad when you take shots forever and expect to go anywhere. My first three hands at 25 NL were AA, KK, AA on 4 tables. I lost full stacks on all three, pre-flop, right away. I played 10NL built up my roll and then took shots, tilted and played a huge HU SnG and had the dude down to 200 chips from 1500 starting AI with AQ for me and Q9 for him. I flopped the ace and he hit runner runner straight and it went downhill from there. If:

100NL worked like it should have
25NL worked like it should have
That damn tilt HU SnG worked like it typically does for my roll...

I wouldnt be at 10NL

Basically what I am saying is that my roll was built from $10 to $700 many times over, but I NEVER succeeded when taking any shots. They play just as bad at 100NL as they did at 10NL (on UB anyway.) It does not make sense that I run close to normal if I can do so well for so long till the stakes are barely bumped up a notch.

This is not because the level of play is any better when comparing 10NL to 25NL, but because I couldn't catch a break. So here I am again building up a $50 roll shortstaking .5/.10 Again, if youd like HHs they are all yours. My play and there play is identical between my 10NL hands where I did well and my 25NL hands where I did not.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol that turn check blows

[/ QUOTE ]

explain

[/ QUOTE ]

he has TPTK and hes playing NL10

[/ QUOTE ]

the stakes doesnt matter. its still the game of poker. why does checking the turn blow? tptk is not a good enough explanation.

well, c'mon. show me what u know. i want to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

stakes do matter, in the sense that opponents matter and the avg NL10 opponent is more likely to call their stack off w/ a worse K or some PP or a FD than the avg 1/2 or 2/4 opponent or w/e. Also because the board is drawy and the only draw that got their on the turn is the one gutshot, so there are tons of worse hands that will call him.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me what the board was and what he had please.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had a range for calling the flop that obviously included any flushdraw or pair, and you're way the [censored] ahead of his range on the turn so you should put money in. when you figure out why you might not be busto all the time [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct answer is...

He checks every huge hand he has had
He plays ATC
There is a straight possible

Therefore we can conclude that a straight is very likely. And I was right. What we can conclude from these observations is all relative of course. The higher the limits, typically, the less frequent this happens.

/end application to be a 2p2 author in NL Shorthanded Microstakes

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry jeff, if he plays any two cards, then u should bet the turn. if u feel he made a straight, then fold the river as crazy as that sounds but to not bet the turn into a guy who plays ATC, is just as crazy.

at first, i thought yur turn check was fine until u said he plays ATC.

sorry jeff but this thread looks like it should be in the small stakes section. why do u post this here when u know yur going to get crucified? theres nothing going on at fulltilt tonight and the beast is definately out in full force. these boys r going to crush yur bones.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I lost 4 buy ins with at least a pair on the turn where we got it all in. They caught an A or K each time.

My first three hands at 25 NL were AA, KK, AA on 4 tables. I lost full stacks on all three, pre-flop, right away.

played a huge HU SnG and had the dude down to 200 chips from 1500 starting AI with AQ for me and Q9 for him. I flopped the ace and he hit runner runner straight and it went downhill from there.

Again, if youd like HHs they are all yours.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to see the HHs from these hands going down as you described.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know who you are, this post sucks, and I can't imagine your other 300+ posts being any better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2007, 03:06 AM

[x] OP hasn't posted one hand where he was fullstacked.
[x] I have more in my couch.
[ ] OP has a graph showing how great/bad he is.
[x] OP coulda bought a Value Meal .. almost.
[x] Ban OP.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] OP hasn't posted one hand where he was fullstacked.
[x] I have more on my bedroom floor than his highest BR total
[ ] OP has a graph showing how great/bad he is.
[x] OP coulda bought a Value Meal .. almost.
[x] Ban OP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2007, 03:11 AM

This is one of the better 2p2 threads of the year. Unfortunately, there's no way this thread is serious. This has to be a very well-done gimmick account.

Possibly Admo winning another prop bet. Admo hasn't posted since Jeffrey Dahmer was created...
Old 08-07-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the stakes doesnt matter. its still the game of poker. why does checking the turn blow? tptk is not a good enough explanation.

well, c'mon. show me what u know. i want to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

stakes do matter, in the sense that opponents matter and the avg NL10 opponent is more likely to call their stack off w/ a worse K or some PP or a FD than the avg 1/2 or 2/4 opponent or w/e. Also because the board is drawy and the only draw that got their on the turn is the one gutshot, so there are tons of worse hands that will call him.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent explanation. thanks.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 AM

[] OP has bankroll management skillz
[] OP is good at poker
[] OP is good at shot taking
[] OP actually has NOT exaggerated when speaking of his bad beats
[x] Thread delivers.