Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Beat: My parents are retarded

I believe a certain guy named Fgators has some info about riggeness at online poker rooms you should ask him.

Also Im 19, I have even more crazier parents then you and the moment i turned 18 i opened my own bank account. Those crazy bastards would be nozing around every transaction i make if it wasnt private now.

Also what a crazy bitch to flip out because of that.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, they are extremely strict and still try to control my life. i'm working on that. plus i'm the last kid of my family to "leave" so i don't think they're dealing with it very well

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely I had the exact opposite experience with being the youngest child. It seemed like my parents used up all their parenting energy being strict with the older siblings and let me do whatever I wanted (as long as I was always home by the time I said I was going to be), and were eager to get me out of home asap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, they are extremely strict and still try to control my life. i'm working on that. plus i'm the last kid of my family to "leave" so i don't think they're dealing with it very well

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely I had the exact opposite experience with being the youngest child. It seemed like my parents used up all their parenting energy being strict with the older siblings and let me do whatever I wanted (as long as I was always home by the time I said I was going to be), and were eager to get me out of home asap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe they just didnt care about you
Old 08-04-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're young and even with the temporary funds issue (I'm assuming mommy will come around once she's calmed), you appear to be in a pretty good situation - so enjoy the next few years...

[ QUOTE ]
i'm living with him (and his hot wife

[/ QUOTE ]

...and post pics of hot wife

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

No pictures of hot wife

[ ] thread delivers

With pictures of hot wife

[x] thread delivers

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, fine. they're sitting like a few feet away from me though right now and i don't feel like getting punched by my brother if he happens to look over at my screen but i will post a couple later on tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

PICS please.

[ ]Save this thread
Old 08-04-2007, 11:10 PM

OP,
where is your home town now? I know a lot of ppl in college station and they could show you a lot of parties...
Old 08-04-2007, 11:17 PM

do u realize what this makes u?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:32 PM

where dem pics???????
Old 08-04-2007, 11:43 PM

I thought it was a good story. $45 isn't really an expensive resturant like others said. Once you get to college and then graduate your parents will be less on your case.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:52 PM

not a rickroll

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hxPjYSay9g0
Old 08-04-2007, 11:52 PM

Oh, when it comes to over-protective parents, being an only child is much worse than being the youngest.

Seriously, I'm 20 and if I didn't stand up for myself my parents would still run practically everything about my life (and I'd be so hopelessly spineless it'd be pathetic). My mom thinks that if there's any chance at all whatsoever that anything even remotely bad could happen she tries to guilt trip me out of doing whatever I wanted to do (Example, going to the White Castle TWO HUNDRED FEET from my house at 12:00 a.m. because "there's drunks out and you don't know where they are". I still go anyways.) My dad thinks that by playing online poker, the companies will hack into my bank accounts and take everything I have. (Note: no poker site I play on knows my credit card number.) Even after I show him a check for 2,500 dollars he freaks out at me. Ugh.

I mean, it's great that my parents care and that I'm not a waste of a human being because of it, but I've just now discovered that there's a lot of things I need to learn about life and that mindlessly listening to them will prevent me from ever being independant.

Cliff notes: Get an independant bank account. Stop letting your parents control you. I learned this lesson a couple years later than you and am still trying to straighten it out.

P.S.: Any girl who "expects" you to go to a steakhouse on a first date and gets like that when your debit card doesn't work is not worth it. Ever.