Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: WPT Foxwoods Poker Classic thread

This final table was just flat out awful.

I can't wait until next week when Carlos and Kirk go heads up.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 AM

^^^ Spoiler. I know the results and you know the results but others like to find out during the broadcast.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but pokertube has taken off (from what i can see) all the wpt videos. Is there another website which is broadcasting recent wpt episodes and if so which?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

youtube. search for 'world poker tour' and by date added.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow Berger's laydown of KhJh in the BB was pretty awful

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is even when you hit the flop you have to fold: link
Old 08-03-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow Berger's laydown of KhJh in the BB was pretty awful

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is even when you hit the flop you have to fold: link

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i love the smug look on the guy's face afterwards, like "*yawn* these laydowns are so easy. everybody's stupid except me"
Old 08-03-2007, 07:03 PM

It really hurt to watch a lot of these guys. The dumb chubby Long Island guy who would push all in every time a nit would check to him, the nerdy b-ball guy who tried to make "plays" against guys with real hands and lost every single time, the old guy who pushed with any two cards and hoped dumb luck would bail him out... Oh the pain... I actually would have enjoyed a Phil Gordon commentary here where Phil would say how horrible everyone is.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but pokertube has taken off (from what i can see) all the wpt videos. Is there another website which is broadcasting recent wpt episodes and if so which?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

youtube. search for 'world poker tour' and by date added.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks i didnt think youtube would have it

Just finished watching, really hurt to watch but it was entertaining. The kk of goldberg was so awful and i was really rooting for him to loose. How the hell does this guy have good tournament results with the a6 play against the biggest donk on the table?

That bagles guy deserves to be castrated at the least and was really happy to see him go broke and almost cry. I just wish Raj caught trips at the river to make it even more heart breaking. And the turning ur cap around was just ridiculous. What a monkey him and his all ins, if only goldberg hit a flop once and checked to him. His friends in the stand even looked like bigger dufus'

And Alan Kessler shaking his head while ahead was as ridiculous. God there was some awful play in there.

I mean with all the great players nowadays out there (which i believe outnumber the amateurs entering these 10k buyin tournaments) how the hell do guys like this always end up so deep....?

oh i know LOL DONKAMENTS!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait until next week when Carlos and Kirk go heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Setting my Tivo right now.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:03 PM

I completely agree with you hotmark. Watching this made me so angry. It is just so wrong that people playing this badly are making so much money. Patel's flat calling on the river with his jacks full was bad, but his statement that "I can't raise. He could have kings" was just so dumb. The dude who kept shoving was just awful too. Risking his entire stack over and over on huge overbets? And the old man was definitely the worst of all. I think watching this put me on total life tilt.
Anyway, hopefully this will convince other guys like this to play ALL IN TEXAS HOLD 'EM (as seen on tv!!!!)
Old 08-05-2007, 03:40 AM

The celebrations are just outta control. Old guy doing laps around the area high fiving everyone in sight after sucking out on Kessler, Raj going nuts after sucking out with trip eights, yelling and screaming and fist pumping winning like a 500k pot. That [censored] really annoys me.

Also, take it easy on the guy turning his hat around. He's only trying to gain some strength and win a tourney, thus winning his son back.