Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Switch Xorbie and Chuckles roles?
Yes 8 88.89%
No 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Real Life Man of Genius - Emergency Lane Blocker Guy

[ QUOTE ]
It's better to let 100 d'bags fly past me in the lane, then it is to be the biggest d'bag who pulls out in that lane and stops someone who actually has a reason to be in a hurry ie pregnant lady in passenger seat, or someone who will run out of gas if they don't get off quickly on the next exit.

[/ QUOTE ]
While this makes logical sense, we live in the real world, and I'm willing to bet my estate that the only people I've ever blocked were douchebags, and I don't expect this to change. And certainly in this case, anyone running out of gas on the CA border between Vegas and LA, deserves it.

Oh, and quit changing your avatar, dammit, it's [censored] me up. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was under the impression the "emergency" lane (or breakdown lane as we call it here) was used for cars that have to pull off the highway in an emergency. as far as i've ever seen, "emergency" vehicles always travel in the left lane.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, this is right, emergency vehicles dont use the shoulder to drive on, maybe there is a very rare instance, but usually not becuase it is used for cars that break down, and if they are speeding along, and all of a sudden a parked car comes out of nowhere that could be a bad thing.

I use the shoulder trick if Im 3 or 400 yards away from teh exit that Im getting off at and things come to a complete stop. Yes, I may be a douche bag, but im going to get to my destination about 30 minutes before you guys, so suck a dick. Its HILARIOUS that so many people on here thing cops are the devil, but there are so many of you that are popping boners over some guy who isnt even a cop trying to police the road, becuse he feels emasculated that he doesnt have the balls to risk a ticket by doing something illegal.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, you didn't. In order to empathize with someone, you need to do more than identify the thoughts and feelings of other people - you need to actually feel them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you're absolutely correct. However, you don't have to experience the precise situation that another is in to internalize feelings that are like their's. From your previous posts it seemed like you believe that other drivers view you as agressive or even possibly thoughtless of others when driving. Just like the breakdown lane abusers would probably see themselves. As an analogy, I certainly don't have to have lost a child to leukemia to empathize with the parents who are going through that. I do know what losing someone close to me feels like and reproducing those feelings if you try isn't all that difficult.

Sorry, no more sidetracking from me.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 AM

RG,

I agree almost all the people who go by are doing it for no reason, I don't think it's THAT unlikely that someone could be running out of gas in a traffic jam though. I guess arguing that they deserve it is true, but it has potential to make the traffic jam even worse for everyone.

The avatar will be switched to something new again soon, as this didn't turn out quite like I hoped. Was hoping it would still be real size, and confuse a lot of people when it catches the corner of their eye making them think they have a pm.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's better to let 100 d'bags fly past me in the lane, then it is to be the biggest d'bag who pulls out in that lane and stops someone who actually has a reason to be in a hurry ie pregnant lady in passenger seat, or someone who will run out of gas if they don't get off quickly on the next exit.

[/ QUOTE ]
While this makes logical sense, we live in the real world, and I'm willing to bet my estate that the only people I've ever blocked were douchebags, and I don't expect this to change. And certainly in this case, anyone running out of gas on the CA border between Vegas and LA, deserves it.

Oh, and quit changing your avatar, dammit, it's [censored] me up. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Police cars do use the left lane when there isn't traffic, but I've seen it on the Baltimore Beltway where if there's heavy traffic, the cops will use the shoulder on either side. Also in the case of an accident, tow trucks will use the shoulder as well.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I use the shoulder trick if Im 3 or 400 yards away from teh exit that Im getting off at and things come to a complete stop. Yes, I may be a douche bag, but im going to get to my destination about 30 minutes before you guys, so suck a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem everytime there's a heated discussion in OOT. The little details that aren't necessarily specified in the OP and that we fill in from our own experiences vary and suddenly everyone is talking about totally different situations. In my mind's eye they're 20+ miles from the nearest exit with a wreck an unknown distance ahead. At the wreck, they will have to go to 1 lane, so every douche flying down the shoulder is one more car between me and the other side of the wreck. If they're going to an exit, hell even a mile or so ahead, go crazy. Drive on the shoulder, cause I'll be doing the same thing. Just don't use it as an extra lane and then cut back in once you get close to the wreck. That's just a dick move.

Sorry guids, not picking on your post, just trying to show how we fill the details in from our own reference point.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 AM

Well, there seems to be no real consensus on this issue, so I'll leave it at this:

If I'm going to be a douchebag anyway, I'd rather be the douchebag blocking the douchebag, than the douchebag being blocked.

Fair enough?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:51 AM

Aggressive drivers are [censored] bags. When they get confronted for endangering others, they act like pussies. Aggressive drivers - you are putting OTHER people at risk with your selfish, [censored] driving moves. I will let you know about it every time you do it. Why? Because you need to be held accountable for your [censored] selfish [censored] ways. And yes, I actually live a very happy life.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:52 AM

Well, either way, there were people bitching about what Id do too in this thread. The ONLY reason I wouldnt do it on a 10 miles stretch is that you chances of getting pulled over go up HYOOGE, and it wouldnt be worth it. Also, doing it, then pulling back into traffic is a pain in the ass becuse obv no one is going to let you back in, so it may take just as long.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aggressive drivers are [censored] bags. When they get confronted for endangering others, they act like pussies. Aggressive drivers - you are putting OTHER people at risk with your selfish, [censored] driving moves. I will let you know about it every time you do it. Why? Because you need to be held accountable for your [censored] selfish [censored] ways. And yes, I actually live a very happy life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does the DMV and every [censored] driving school in the world advocate being an aggressive driver?

I think you dont know what aggressive driving means.