Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta @ Carolina
Atlanta +5 2 9.52%
Carolina -5 11 52.38%
I really wish ESPN would discuss Vick's scambling ability versus his problems in the pocket one more time. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: BBV: Help me settle an Issue

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is unreal you guys want to give someone $1300 for playing 45 minutes. some people make that a month

[/ QUOTE ]

then he shoulda never told his friend hed give him that much. once he does that, backing out is a real scummy thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he ever told his friend how much he was gonna give him.

[/ QUOTE ]
ding ding ding

He asked how much he would get and I said I would decide based off of how long I was in the tourny. I never said if you play 10% you get 10% of the profit. I just want to know what everyone thinks is fair. Personally I think he played in 10% with no risk so he prolly deserves about 5% (like a stake would be).

Now if people think 10% is fair bc he played 10%, fine. But saying that I should give 10% bc that's what I told him I would do is a false statement and doesn't really help me.

Like I said I decided 5-10% was fair after the tournament was over, at the moment I'm thinking 7.5% and the other 2.5% will get knocked off of what I've lost in staking him.

Currently he has no clue what I'm thinking or even how well I did in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

7,5% (a 1000$) is very generous and you will make your friend very happy, you would be crazy to give him more.

Forget what others say
Old 07-23-2007, 03:33 PM

It seems like you think he played about 10% (thus maybe "earned" 10%), but you're using a prior staking arrangement to weasel out of 2.5%. You taking 50% of his winnings account is what covers your possible losses in that arrangement. Just give him the $1800 and enjoy your 90%. As KGB said..."Pay that man his money."

What kind of friend are you anyway? The dude helped you out. You most likely wouldn't have won $18000 without his help. So, because of him, you will still be up over $16000. Quit nitting over 2.5%.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:36 PM

fwiw, i think if you made this thread saying

"i won $18,000 in a couple tournaments. friend played for me for like 45 minutes while i was occupied. how much should i pay him? btw whole tourney took like 7.5 hours"

i bet a lot of people would say $1,000 or less. the way you worded it (10% of time, but he had no risk, therefore 5%) made people more prone to stick to 10%
Old 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really have nothing to prove to anyone on here. All my friends no I'm not a nit or cheap or greedy, if you want to think that fine, I could care less. I'm always the first to buy a round at the bar and I pay for my friends golf/bowling/etc whenever I'm running well, not to mention the amount of money I've loaned and staked over the years.

Also, just because I didn't clearly type out the situation on an online forum doesn't mean I didn't clearly explain my thoughts over the phone/aim in a real-time chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

so... you obviously have no intentions of listening to the opinion of anyone who disagrees with you, and you have more information than us to work with, and you're a great guy because you buy rounds at bars. so why even make the thread?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM

the "I told him if I cashed in either I would hook him up based on my hourly profit." has something to do with it also, lol
Old 07-23-2007, 03:42 PM

$1250 sounds good
Old 07-23-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really have nothing to prove to anyone on here. All my friends no I'm not a nit or cheap or greedy, if you want to think that fine, I could care less. I'm always the first to buy a round at the bar and I pay for my friends golf/bowling/etc whenever I'm running well, not to mention the amount of money I've loaned and staked over the years.

Also, just because I didn't clearly type out the situation on an online forum doesn't mean I didn't clearly explain my thoughts over the phone/aim in a real-time chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

so... you obviously have no intentions of listening to the opinion of anyone who disagrees with you, and you have more information than us to work with, and you're a great guy because you buy rounds at bars. so why even make the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just letting you know that you're focusing on something that isn't there.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5% = 900
10%= 1800

At the moment I'm leaning on 7.5%

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...talk about nitting it up

give him 10%..after all, you would of blinded off if he didn't even help you
Old 07-23-2007, 03:54 PM

I have a very similar relationship with a buddy of mine who constantly stakes me in donkaments. Let me be the first to say that anything you give is totally a gift on your part and not necessary, a good friend would play for free (I'm sure he would have). Still, be a nice guy and ship him 1k.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:58 PM

op,

you [censored] idiot braind dead [censored] sucking [censored] slurping [censored] head [censored] braind moron, had your friend not helped you out, you'd have NO money... hook him up