Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Khan Acted like a retard and I am glad he is gone

shane,

To give you an idea of what people are talking about, if you're familiar w/ how the Mats dude acted in the ME with his crazy screams and running around and stuff, just take that and multiply it 10x and you've got Khan's table behavior.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:15 PM

can someone 1ink me to the interview?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shane,

To give you an idea of what people are talking about, if you're familiar w/ how the Mats dude acted in the ME with his crazy screams and running around and stuff, just take that and multiply it 10x and you've got Khan's table behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on! He's entertaining and comes across as more likable than most players. I saw the video on youtube of him celebrating with the chair on his head and its just funny-- the jokes on him and he knows it; he's not trying to make fun of anyone else.

[ QUOTE ]
it sounds like Khan is trying to get media attention by acting crazy, and playing to the media like that is +$EV even if it comes at the expense of basic respect for fellow players at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Unfortunately. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
shane,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is something I don't get:

Either, you can't control your emotions at the poker table or in deep tournament situations, so you act like this involuntarily, which I suppose is excusable. Lame, but excusable.

OR, you actually do know better (which it sounds like Khan does, since he's all, like, the best guy ever in interviews and to his friends), but choose to portray yourself this way for effect. That makes no sense to me.

I just don't see get when it becomes appropriate or cool to act out in front of people you are competing against in a civilized game of cards. If people behaved that way in most other situations in life, they'd get their asses kicked and/or burn all their bridges. I suspect one day that some punk poker player will get to experience that consequence of acting like an obnoxious tool in public.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shane,

[/ QUOTE ]

Either, you can't control your emotions at the poker table or in deep tournament situations, so you act like this involuntarily, which I suppose is excusable. Lame, but excusable.

OR, you actually do know better (which it sounds like Khan does, since he's all, like, the best guy ever in interviews and to his friends), but choose to portray yourself this way for effect. That makes no sense to me.

I just don't see get when it becomes appropriate or cool to act out in front of people you are competing against in a civilized game of cards. If people behaved that way in most other situations in life, they'd get their asses kicked and/or burn all their bridges. I suspect one day that some punk poker player will get to experience that consequence of acting like an obnoxious tool in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane you should really watch the 14 minute interview with him (cant find the link). He explains that he sees poker as a battle ground where emotions can run riot but at the end of the day you are together with a common interest and goal.

He also explains that he is aware going over board is risking getting into a physical confrontation and that he held back with one guy who was getting noticably angry.

At the end of the day hes eccentric and such a raw uncontrollable (yet innocent) display of emotion is funny and I dont see why anyone should be aggrevated by it.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:37 PM

When the ESPN episodes air, people will cross the street to avoid the guy.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shane,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane you should really watch the 14 minute interview with him (cant find the link). He explains that he sees poker as a battle ground where emotions can run riot but at the end of the day you are together with a common interest and goal.

He also explains that he is aware going over board is risking getting into a physical confrontation and that he held back with one guy who was getting noticably angry.

At the end of the day hes eccentric and such a raw uncontrollable (yet innocent) display of emotion is funny and I dont see why anyone should be aggrevated by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone link me to this interview please, sounds like he's even more of a hypocrite/tool than I originally suspected.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shane,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane, sadly this attitude may hinder you from ever becoming a bonafide poker celebrity. Classy doesn't play that well on TV.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Khan Acted like [deleted] and I am glad he is gone

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What a huge tool then. It's like the guy who "can't control himself" on the golf course and screams and throws clubs and berates others, etc. Except in this case it's like 10X worse because by obnoxiously celebrating his own win, he's also celebrating someone else's loss. The kid needs to get a fkn grip. "Heat of the moment" as an explanation is not acceptable.

As an aside, I don't understand how this makes for good TV. I ball up my fists in rage every time one of these spazzes makes a huge scene, and I don't watch TV to get angry.