Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: oh my god dell is so [censored]

The DATA (I2C Protocol for SmBus communication) sent from the a/c adapter's EEPROM also serves to identify the power rating of the adapter. There are 3 different Dell a/c adapters with the 3 conductor "barrel type" plug. There's a 70 watt PA-12 a 90 watt PA-10 and a 130 watt PA-13. In units such as the i5150 or i5160 the only way to charge the battery while using the laptop is to use a 130 watt PA-13 adapter. If you use a PA-10 with a i5150 the battery will only charge when the laptop in powered off. Depending on the BIOS version it may run off of a 70 watt PA-12 but will never charge the battery or run at full speed.`I have a box of Dell adapters with dead 2501's in them and I noticed that many of them have PCB's manufactured by "LITEON".
Old 07-21-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have ordered 2 computers with both crashed frequently, they very poorly attempted to fix it and after a month decided to swap them. They got swapped and had a couple of specifications that were not correct. This computer would make weird noises, was very slow, sometimes not even reach the desktop.

I now order a computer sometime late June

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation:
"I had two computers from Dell which were terrible.
Their customer-support was terrible.
The replacements they sent me were terrible.
Everything about them was terrible.
So when I needed a new computer I thought it would be a good idea to give them even more of my business!!"
Old 07-21-2007, 11:28 PM

Is it possible that my after market charger is damaging my battery? I know they inevitably wear out but mine went from pretty decent (~2.5 hours) to bad (45 minutes) awfully fast after I got my new adapter.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:12 AM

About a month ago my Dell laptop wasn't working properly and my computer-savvy uncle couldn't fix it. I called Dell's support line and a technician came to my house THE NEXT DAY and fixed it. It was free because of the warranty and has worked perfectly ever since. Needless to say I think Dell rocks.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:48 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

I'm a computer noob and I 've been very, very pleased with my experience with Dell. I had one issue and someone was quickly at my home fixing the problem.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About a month ago my Dell laptop wasn't working properly and my computer-savvy uncle couldn't fix it. I called Dell's support line and a technician came to my house THE NEXT DAY and fixed it. It was free because of the warranty and has worked perfectly ever since. Needless to say I think Dell rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of these techs! Woo!
Old 07-22-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one great thing about Dell is their customer service, it is probably better than any other company I have seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leveling?

I had to replace a simple battery for a client (a public sector school). That it was pblic sector broke there processes and I had to speak to 12 separate indians and send 3 emails. This was 2 weeks ago, battery has not arrived yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.. my laptop screens backlight broke, I called support and after about 10 minutes the problem was identified. The next morning I had a box at my house to send out my laptop, shipping was paid for and my laptop was returned completely fixed within two days after I sent it out. It was so fast I didn't even know how it could get there and back in the time it took.

If you want bad customer service get Comcast. Good luck to you if your internet ever dies or your cable tv stops working.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:23 PM

I'm not sure Dell could function as a company without outstanding customer service. Obviously my sample size is really small, but I know 10-12 of just my friends who have all had problems with their Dell laptops. I assume since we all got them before college that they ordered them around the same time and maybe there were some manufacturing glitches around this time or something, but their computers all [censored] up pretty bad after a few months to a year.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:15 PM

a month and a half delay so far.

still not even a proper estimated date, just the [censored] 1 week from now estimation that gets changed every week.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Very positive CS experiences with Dell. Plus one time I called up and the CSR flirted with me.