Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Can most women be bought? NSFW

[ QUOTE ]

So, women look for genetic traits which cannot be changed by a man no matter how hard he tries. Why are these reasonable while men's standards of pretty much being in decent shape are unreasonable? Before you point out all the horribly anorexic models and actresses, the average man is not that picky. Look at the men on all those model shows, they are all flaming stereotypes, and much of the critical comments come from other women.

[/ QUOTE ]

a man's standards aren't based purely on factors women can control. the standard isn't 'pretty much being in decent shape,' men want all sorts of things - big boobs, waist to hip ratio, height - all these things are factors. there are exceptions to every rule - men who love fat chicks, women who like short guys, whatever. there is no way you can argue that the standards for men are more demanding than they are for women. i would love to only be judged based on my genetic traits, if that was the case - it means i don't have to put any effort into it on my own, and for every physical type, there's someone who prefers their men that way.

the point of this argument isn't to justify why people want to [censored] who they do. the point is that the standards that the chick in this thread put out there are really not very demanding. we're not derailing this by turning it into a discussion about how beauty standards are irrational, subjective, etc. of course they are. on both sides. doesn't mean anything when it comes to the point i was making, which is that it's not all that hard to find a woman who is happy to date your physical type.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn i opened this thread up at work and i got fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

it did say 'nsfw' did it not?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:08 PM

Answer this one as well, then compare your own answers and see whether it says anything:

[ QUOTE ]
What percentage of American men, aged 20 to 55, would be willing to have standard sex (let's say oral followed by giving up anal intercourse) with a male stranger for $X, with X representing any amount of money they request? Assume the stranger is a reasonably good looking, disease-free hygenic guy in the same age group.

Put another way (the inverse), what percentage of American men in that same age group would not, under any circumstances, have sex with a normal guy for any amount of money, regardless of how much it were?

What conclusions can you draw from your projections?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2007, 11:09 PM

damn, I should have read replies first.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:05 AM

Whoah, obviously i stepped on quite a few toes here. For the record, i`m no twenty year old college chick. I`m 42 and living in a very, i mean VERY rural area. Most men of my age are married,and i don`t do married men. This is not so much for moral reasons but mainly because in small communities having to deal with an infuriated wife is a very real and very unpleasant possibility. Believe me, this means slim pickings indeed.

While my standards may be too high i don`t really think so, least of all considering the looks of a guy. Of course it would be nice to have some Adonis lookalike, but i`m simply too old to wait for a prince, especially since I`m not exactly a princess myself.

In my experience it`s men much rather than women who have unrealistic expectations. A guy may look like a whale, smell like a goat and behave like an oger and still be surprised and hurt if a really hot woman turns him down. Mind you, i don`t say that all men are like this, far from it, but thereīs an amazing number.

What i really wanted to say with my original post is that i donīt understand why men seem to think it necessary to pay women for having sex with them. Is this some weird kind of male fantasy or what? Or is it that some men find it easier to pay money so they don`t have to pay attention to what women want?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoah, obviously i stepped on quite a few toes here. For the record, i`m no twenty year old college chick. I`m 42 and living in a very, i mean VERY rural area.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh snap, who called that???

kiss the ring bitches

[ QUOTE ]

What i really wanted to say with my original post is that i donīt understand why men seem to think it necessary to pay women for having sex with them. Is this some weird kind of male fantasy or what? Or is it that some men find it easier to pay money so they don`t have to pay attention to what women want?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly how i read it and i agree 100%.

we're talking about poker players here. one thing a lot of them have is expendable cash, or at the very least a healthy disregard for money. much easier to use that as a bartering chip than the standard coupling behaviors that are apparently so baffling to some people.

there are a dozen other directions you can go with this critique, too, all of them valid. i think it has to do with the way we're socialized today. i think it has to do with women being hypersexualized and infantilized in popular media. i think it has to do with the absurd ideal of extreme individualism that seems to prevent some people from understanding that making sacrifices for others is a part of life. i think it has to do with materialism and the idea that money can make us happy. hell, i even think it has to do with our generation being raised on video games where we learn to solve problems and reach goals by mastering a sequence of commands, codes or tricks, rather than by negotiating with others and understanding their wants and needs.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I`m 42 and living in a very, i mean VERY rural area.... Believe me, this means slim pickings indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Move to a city?

[ QUOTE ]
What i really wanted to say with my original post is that i donīt understand why men seem to think it necessary to pay women for having sex with them. Is this some weird kind of male fantasy or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Men don't think it is necessary to pay money for sex. It's generally not a fantasy to pay for sex. But many men are incapable of bagging hot chicks by themselves, so they are willing to pay for the experience of having sex with a hot chick.

[ QUOTE ]
Or is it that some men find it easier to pay money so they don`t have to pay attention to what women want?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is often the case for extremely rich/famous men, who have to worry about knocking girls up, rape allegations, lawsuits, etc.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

there are a dozen other directions you can go with this critique, too, all of them valid. i think it has to do with the way we're socialized today. i think it has to do with women being hypersexualized and infantilized in popular media. i think it has to do with the absurd ideal of extreme individualism that seems to prevent some people from understanding that making sacrifices for others is a part of life. i think it has to do with materialism and the idea that money can make us happy. hell, i even think it has to do with our generation being raised on video games where we learn to solve problems and reach goals by mastering a sequence of commands, codes or tricks, rather than by negotiating with others and understanding their wants and needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow- never would have expected this type of response in this titled a thread.