Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: 10 Hottest Girls in Poker?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many people who complain about "marginal female talents getting attention and sponsorship solely on their looks" are in this very thread, contributing to the double standard syndrome they claim to detest?

[/ QUOTE ]
If women only got sponsorships out of merit then JJ Liu and Kathy Liebert would have the best sponsorship deals amongst women.
World doesn't work that way though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't disagree that the world does not work that way. Will be rabid to the death that it SHOULD, especially in a game like poker where women CAN compete as equals.

I mean, if we had a "10 fattest slobs in poker" and somehow insinuated that those on the list were LESS worthy of attention because of their girth, it would look pretty stupid, wouldn't it?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many people who complain about "marginal female talents getting attention and sponsorship solely on their looks" are in this very thread, contributing to the double standard syndrome they claim to detest?

[/ QUOTE ]
If women only got sponsorships out of merit then JJ Liu and Kathy Liebert would have the best sponsorship deals amongst women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't disagree that the world does not work that way. Will be rabid to the death that it SHOULD, especially in a game like poker where women CAN compete as equals.

I mean, if we had a "10 fattest slobs in poker" and somehow insinuated that those on the list were LESS worthy of attention because of their girth, it would look pretty stupid, wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes up for the milleniums of oppression they faced.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:08 AM

evelyn ng is disgusting. flat face with black alien looking eyes.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if anything, treating female poker players as equals, competing against them honorably and trying to take their money before they take yours.. that would make up for millenia of oppression. I'd think that insisting on holding up female poker players as sex objects instead of for their skills would, in fact, be filed right under 'oppression'
Old 07-14-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if anything, treating female poker players as equals, competing against them honorably and trying to take their money before they take yours.. that would make up for millenia of oppression. I'd think that insisting on holding up female poker players as sex objects instead of for their skills would, in fact, be filed right under 'oppression'

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right actually. it only objectify them. but you can't fault them for taking advantage of what was given to them. male poker players have done the same so there isn't a double standard.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is not SMOKIn about Evenlyn NGGGGG? to all the haters... you must be getting victoria secrets models with such high standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, though, Evelyn's as hott as any Victoria's Secret model. Long, tall, curvy and exotic. The only differences between her and Giselle Bundchen is the prejudices of the viewer.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:21 AM

I'd go with Isabelle Mercier.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right actually. it only objectify them. but you can't fault them for taking advantage of what was given to them. male poker players have done the same so there isn't a double standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please point me to the first marginal male poker player who has raked in the endorsements solely because he is handsome, preferably if his only achievements come in segregated tournaments with artificially repressed skill levels.

Meanwhile, can you tell me with a straight face that if a female as girthsome as Greg Raymer won the WSOP, that she would be raking in the endorsements?

And just because "God gave it to ya", doesn't mean you "can't be faulted for using it". Is it appropriate for stronger players to physically bully others at the table?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:31 AM

They forgot my girl Kathy. Have you guys read her new book?

Old 07-14-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please point me to the first marginal male poker player who has raked in the endorsements solely because he is handsome, preferably if his only achievements come in segregated tournaments with artificially repressed skill levels.

Meanwhile, can you tell me with a straight face that if a female as girthsome as Greg Raymer won the WSOP, that she would be raking in the endorsements?

And just because "God gave it to ya", doesn't mean you "can't be faulted for using it". Is it appropriate for stronger players to physically bully others at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

-physically bullying is not allowed at a poker table.
-if a female version of "raymer" were win the main event, she would definetely rake in the endorsements. more so than a male.
-Patrick Antonius has used his looks to support himself.
-blame it on society. tough luck.