Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Most respected live NL grinder?

i think you should also probably include matt hazards in this discussion, but yea, hard to argue with kenny and gabe. nenad medic is also up there in my book.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After watching this video, there should be no argument on who the best live NL grinder is anymore....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKjyvaPYQVA

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice play, those Vietnamese guys have no fear! but I'd like to see him try that against someone not named 'clownfish'

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeti theorem yo!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After watching this video, there should be no argument on who the best live NL grinder is anymore....

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he put clowndonk on AK and knew he would let it go there? To me this hand looks like a hand where Tran should have lost a lot of chips and doesn't prove much other than Doore made a terrible play.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but that kid who looks like a holocaust victim, and has funny ears and always wears a detroit tigers hat

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao perfect description. This kid can play, but definitely nowhere in the league of Tran, Thaler, etc.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:33 AM

The thing to remember is that there were like 5 reraises. To me, having ONLY a pair after the turn and the way the betting was going, AK may not be any good to most reasonable NL deep stack player. Have to give credit to Kenny to have the guts to fire that many shell. I play at the 500NL level, and if I have fired one more shell on the river and my opponent's stack is 40 percent deeper, I'm pretty sure he'd fold AK on a flopped ace after all my reraise like Kenny.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but that kid who looks like a holocaust victim, and has funny ears and always wears a detroit tigers hat

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao perfect description. This kid can play, but definitely nowhere in the league of Tran, Thaler, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, im not really trying to compare him to them, but just saying he is like a staple of that bellagio poker room and does very well, plus buys in like 10k so he has stacks. it was funny tho, cuz i played with him at the bellagio for the first time during wsop, and after my session i met up with a buddy and he was like "so was anyone just running the table?" i was like yeah this kid,i duno his name tho, looks like a holocaust victim and he was like "o, rockin' a detroit tigers hat?" i just started to laugh. he seems like a good kid tho. wat do you think a guy like thaler or tran makes in a year grinding the cash games?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing to remember is that there were like 5 reraises. To me, having ONLY a pair after the turn and the way the betting was going, AK may not be any good to most reasonable NL deep stack player. Have to give credit to Kenny to have the guts to fire that many shell. I play at the 500NL level, and if I have fired one more shell on the river and my opponent's stack is 40 percent deeper, I'm pretty sure he'd fold AK on a flopped ace after all my reraise like Kenny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why even play AK if you are going to fold in a heads up pot on a board of A33 then J on the turn for a half pot size bet?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:39 AM

ask kenny tran how often he is folding AK in that situation and he will look at you like u are crazy
Old 07-22-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, im not really trying to compare him to them, but just saying he is like a staple of that bellagio poker room and does very well, plus buys in like 10k so he has stacks. it was funny tho, cuz i played with him at the bellagio for the first time during wsop, and after my session i met up with a buddy and he was like "so was anyone just running the table?" i was like yeah this kid,i duno his name tho, looks like a holocaust victim and he was like "o, rockin' a detroit tigers hat?" i just started to laugh. he seems like a good kid tho. wat do you think a guy like thaler or tran makes in a year grinding the cash games?

[/ QUOTE ]

His name is Quick...he's been a live grinder for years.

he has a pretty interesting back story...pm me if you want to know b/c i'm not gonna put his business on teh internetz
Old 07-22-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he put clowndonk on AK and knew he would let it go there? To me this hand looks like a hand where Tran should have lost a lot of chips and doesn't prove much other than Doore made a terrible play.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.. sick hand.