Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Favourite current stock ideas.

OEGY.OB open energy, they made 60% last days and the news are not out in the usa. I expect more on monday and the next weeks. Its a small solar company,and a big named guy (David Gelbaum ) bought 8% of the shares last week .
Old 07-21-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OEGY.OB open energy, they made 60% last days and the news are not out in the usa. I expect more on monday and the next weeks. Its a small solar company,and a big named guy (David Gelbaum ) bought 8% of the shares last week .

[/ QUOTE ]

With this type of thinking, you're eventually going to lose money.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:58 AM

I have the stock on my watchlist since the IPO. Usually i hold in pennystocks that i like a few longterm and a few for trading. In this case it was a lucky "gamble", and agree i sold 10% of my oegys on friday for 52 eurocent and i will sell 15-20% if they reach 60-70 eurocent.

I have also valuecompanys, green energy is relative new in the USA but "old" in germany. If you have fun look in yahoo.de and have a look on companys like solarworld, but all of them are dam risky.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:50 PM

Fav Speculative play : A.BQI
Absolutely loaded with oil, nice conservative estimate last week got the thing going again. Still a great buy in the 4's

Fav Q2 play: T.Qua, Q2 results out early August and they wont be small

Fav play next week: Uranium Stocks like KRI and Pdn /UEX, with CCO Port Hope out of commision, Cigar Lake delays and Niger practically having Civil War, we should see a buying oppurtunity as the bad news keeps trickling and a rally as the spot price gains momentum
Old 07-23-2007, 04:11 AM

Hm I've wondered about these two big names for a while and I have nowhere to turn to ask. This thread seems good.

Starbucks (SBUX): The price was at low 20s for much of July but last week was pretty good. A good time to buy low? What I'm curious about is how it's going to bounce back to what it was a few months ago. More expansion? I feel SBUX would need a drastic change for it to be back to where it was.

AT&T (T): AT&T is the only carrier for both the iPhones and Blackberry. While both companies, AAPL and RIMM, have been going through the roof AT&T has been doing nothing (in fact going down this past week).

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 AM

Pinetree Capital: pnp.to
Old 07-24-2007, 01:56 AM

So I've got a question.

I'm pretty dumb (and sorta rich) so I decided to buy a stock based upon some random email I got from one of those 'expert' stock advisors. I put a couple grand in OCTL at $2.25 about 3 days ago and they just had a breakthrough in their research for electricity producing windows and the stock went up about 25%, netting me a pretty solid profit.

So was it a dumb buy and I got lucky and should sell and take my profit or should I hold on? Anybody want to look into OCTL and let me know if I should sell or hold?

I actually looked into it more and it seems like a pretty reasonable company.

Thanks.