Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: OOT weekly thread: minor things that infuriate you

[ QUOTE ]
Those pr!cks that hog the middle lane on the motorway, causing a stream of cars to have to use the fast lane, jamming it up and slowing everyone down. WTF!!??? Have you used your mirrors lately?? Get the [censored] out the way you blind/stupid/inconsiderate pr!ck and let people travel at a decent speed. They still seem to sit in it even where there is barely any traffic. LEARN TO [censored] DRIVE OR GET THE [censored] OFF THE ROAD, IMMEDIATELY.
Man it makes me so mad I don't know what to do.

My mother also has a tilt inducing driving habit, of which I have pleaded with her to fix to no avail. She has a little 1.3L hatchback, 5 gears, of which 4 and 5 have probably seen about 30 minutes action in 5 years. 0-20mph in 1st gear, but she'll hover at 20 for about 10 seconds, the engine screaming at her that it shouldn't really be doing all this work unnecessarily.
She then pops it in 2nd, and then when she (eventually) reaches 40 mph, she waits again for a good 10 seconds, punishing the engine for a second time. Into 3rd now, and the hand comes off the gearstick and up to the wheel and this is where its staying. She'll happily cruise along at 65, bissfully ignorant of the incessant high pitched bastard noise coming fron under the bonnet(hood).
PLEASE, OPEN YOUR [censored] EARS WOMAN, YOU ARE KILLING YOUR CAR. To make matters worse, when she finally reaches a junction and slows down to a crawl, she then tries to pull away still in 3rd, kangarooing a few yards before finally putting it back in 1st, whereby the whole painful process repeats itself.
It's [censored] torture.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, great description, I can see this perfectly in my mind. It would drive me nuts. Moms and older people can be like that.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's hardly minor but people who take the elevator to the second floor. after they push the button and for the 3 second ride one floor up i am screaming in my head to them "are the stairs broken you lazy fat [censored]!?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes when my ankle is tweaking I take the elevator 1 floor. Sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I often come in sweating from the hot day. No way I want to build up more stink and wet by climbing even a single flight of stairs.

If I've been indoors a while, I have no problem with taking the stairs and usually kind of like the tiny bit of flexing my legs.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's hardly minor but people who take the elevator to the second floor. after they push the button and for the 3 second ride one floor up i am screaming in my head to them "are the stairs broken you lazy fat [censored]!?"

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, 1 floor up, not too bad. if you're going down 1 floor, that's just plain lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

the building i work in there is a nice open air stair case leading up two flights. it is right next to the elevator lobby and very inviting. the wait for an elevator can take several minutes - much longer than the time it would take to walk one flight.

but mainly it bothers me because almost always the only people who seem to take the elevator up one flight are the overweight people who would benefit from the short walk.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:59 PM

Today I got lunch at a Soup Plantation.

I went to the counter for some clam chowder. At the head of the line to the clam chowder pot was an old Chinese lady slowly, myopically filling her bowl in tiny dribbles, then another lady, then me. Uh-oh, just my luck. Oh well.

As she dribbles merrily away, the second lady in line turns sideways and I see NINE EMPTY SOUP BOWLS on her tray.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:30 PM

Stupid people who sit there staring at the checkout and THEN are half-heartedly trying to find their check-book and THEN are half-heartedly trying to find their driver's license.

First, why do people pay with checks at the grocery-store in the first place? You don't see that little scan thingee for the debit-card that everyone else likes to use?

Second, was it really a big surprise to you that they were going to ask for you to pay for all this stuff you were getting...and that if you were paying by check you would also have to dig out your driver's license?

They don't even have a freaking pen.
Look, you can just start the whole process of writing whatever you need to write on the check while they are still scanning the stuff.

Shouldn't be that hard.

Samjjjj - Many of the people I am thinking about are clueless WHITE people. I find that this kind of stupidity shows no racial boundries.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 PM

-- listening to people eat, especially cereal. or soup.

-- meekness, in any form, especially by people I am with. In crowds, while shopping, but especially while driving.

If you are driving along and move over a lane to let someone merge, and then they are going the same speed as you, but you need to get back over, do you?... Speed up or slow down?

If you slow down and I am in the passenger seat, I hate you.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:00 PM

being from the UK, im not really used to the tipping culture.

what really annoys me is when people provide a service, be it cab ride, lapdance, etc and then imply or ask or a tip.

'we're a bir off the trip, but i know you guy will take care of me' - wtf i was probably giving u $30 on a $22 cab ride, but now im kinda feeling i shouldnt

-tufat23
Old 07-08-2007, 10:45 PM

trucks passing other trucks on a 2 lane interstate. The truck in the right lane going 65, the truck in the left lane going 65.1. Do you think you could just go a tiny bit faster to pass the other truck? meanwhile here i and 50 other people get caught behind him, spending 20 minutes until he finally passes then gets over. Then, I have to wait for every other person in front of me going 66 then 66.2 then 66.5 to pass each other and get in the front of the line in the right lane, until finally i break through to the front and get a blissful 2 miles of driving 75-80 until i get caught behind another truck passing a truck and the process begins over again.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always make it a point to OVERWAVE (like way more overzealous than necessary) because I understand how annoying it is when people don't wave after being polite to them on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:55 PM

oh, gotta add two more.

I use cruise control. So many people pass me, switch lanes in front of me, then slow down. Then i have to repass, and often end up having to break cruise control and reset it. drive the same speed! i've had people do this to me a dozen times in a row, they're so oblivious.

people who in fast moving heavy traffic try to pass just a car or two by flooring it in the right lane, then cutting left again. Especially when every car is bumper to bumper and obviously wants to be going faster than the lead car that is blocking everyone. there is exactly a 0% chance you'll get in in front of me, i would do a PIT maneuver cops style on you before you get in front of me.