Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,
Jeff made a post about something that is a blatant violation of T&C that costs all of the people following the T&C equity. He asked that people stop voluntary and didn't out anybody.

If you want to talk about some gray areas like buying other people's accounts or some things that are blatantly not against T&C but may be immoral like receiving real-time hand advice from friends, start your own thread, and follow jeff's lead and don't name names--especially when you don't know wtf you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really not understand the relationship between operating two poker accounts with your mouse and operating two poker accounts verbally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. I realized that was stupid when I went back to reread it, but it's already been quoted, so whatever.

Anyway, IMHO the sticky part of the issue that people are bringing up is that to me there's a clear difference between what stealhmunk described (the 50 mindless stealthmunks asking for advice over AIM) and what pretty much every professional online poker player does (the few AIM windows open, or the friend over the shoulder), but the difference is sort of ineffable. So, it's basically impossible to have an enforceable rule that prevents one and not the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is basically my entire point and I think that every single "multiaccounting act" can somehow be grouped into this level so its best to just "accept" it as a peril of online poker.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:56 PM

By the way guys a member of team Pokerstars was investigated for multiaccounting. He was cleared when it was determined that he staked/advised like Justin is talking about.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way guys a member of team Pokerstars was investigated for multiaccounting. He was cleared when it was determined that he staked/advised like Justin is talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Investigated." Lol. What can stars do? Check identification of the players? Well, the players can be real players and send in ID. Check IP addresses? Even if you ignore the fact that IP addresses can be easily manipulated, it is well known that players have "poker houses" and go play together during the sunday grind, or just live together like in vegas now for WSOP.

Now if the questionable people had to go under oath in a jury and the owners of the accounts too, that would be an interesting "investigation."

I guess my point is its never going to end. Even if you trap a multiaccounter, e-mail the site, get him banned. He'll just repop again and quad-account to get his expectation back from the money confiscated. lolz.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:06 PM

blah I really didn't mean to accuse Mlagoo of cheating or anything of the sort. I simply used that example because it was recent, there were pictures and stories posted of a actionjeff/gobo/ etc. celebrating after the win, so it was clear you were all at least at the house.

I explicity said in my post that I have no idea to what extent any help/advice actually occured, I was just attempting to illustrate the complexity of the situation with regard to the online poker world.

I clearly didn't explain myself well/was misunderstood here.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm staking two broke idiots in the sunday million and FTP 500k tomorrow.

If any of them go deep, it would be standard for me to tell them exactly what to do, and they'd rather have it that way as they don't want the stress of playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Am I multiaccounting scum?

No. And neither is mlaggoo. This will always be a part of online poker. There will always be people staking people and making +EV investments and giving advice to make those investments more +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are exhibiting like a staggering amount of stupidity in this thread. Kudos.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blah I really didn't mean to accuse Mlagoo of cheating or anything of the sort. I simply used that example because it was recent, there were pictures and stories posted of a actionjeff/gobo/ etc. celebrating after the win, so it was clear you were all at least at the house.

I explicity said in my post that I have no idea to what extent any help/advice actually occured, I was just attempting to illustrate the complexity of the situation with regard to the online poker world.

I clearly didn't explain myself well/was misunderstood here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll quote that for myself as well. Including the skill part. Mlagoo you own gobbo! w/e idc. lolz. I just used it as an example as well.

K I'm out now.

p.s. I kind of am pretty zealous on this topic because JJProdigy is my best friend from poker and he/zeejustin are v misunderstood/unfortunate that they just caught the wrath of what EVERYONE LITERALLY EVERYONE (except for me I never played a hand of partypoker on my life f me to tears) was doing.

People would 10 account party lolz.

K time to go out. Good post Jeff obv.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I kind of am pretty zealous on this topic because JJProdigy is my best friend from poker and he/zeejustin are v misunderstood/unfortunate that they just caught the wrath of what EVERYONE LITERALLY EVERYONE (except for me I never played a hand of partypoker on my life f me to tears) was doing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never did this and these are the exact implications I resent when these discussions come up. The fact that it is assumed that this is the status quo bugs the [censored] hell out of me. Angers me.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:35 PM

Just cant stop wondering.

Someone who is great at poker and makes more money then he needs should care alot more about his integrity and ethics just to feel good and be proud of oneself.

Being respected is far more important then some extra bucks that doesnt improve your life style that much.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EVERYONE LITERALLY EVERYONE

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EVERYONE LITERALLY EVERYONE

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the standard more than one account to more than 4-table, I never multi-accounted in my life, and have never sat at the same table as myself when I did have 3 accounts for the purpose of 12-tabling.

So, yeah, you're wrong...

And SOME of us actually DO have morals.